Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Mtv's MADE 2morro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Manahawkin

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Mtv's MADE 2morro Reply with quote

Hey I don't know if many of you have seen the new show made on MTV yet But 2morros show is featuring a band from my highschool the "sly caps" there site is http://www.theslycaps.com they are a ska band there not to bad and they have been a band for a number of years now just thought i would post it up here cuz im excited to see some local people on mtv commercals
TravelJunkie

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do you know the out come of the show? I'm going to miss it anyway.
Sarah
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I do actully, they actully got on the show from some lifeguard thing everyone down here goes to matt gave someone from mtv a cd and the guy just kinda laughed at him but matts whits won him over later they got a call to do the show, they were on the show trying to get better so they could win battel of the bands in seaside...i went there because one of my best friends band was playing (dead end drive) the slycaps didnt do as good as they wanted they placed behind dead end drive....
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the "Made" show on the girl who wanted to be a cheerleader? I was intrigued but I have to wonder, did she get on the squad because MTV was helping her?

I wasn't cheerleader material in high school either. I was into skating, snowboarding and hanging with the "alternative" crowd. Then one day in my junior year, I decided that I was going to make a statement and tryout for the squad. I ended up being a cheerleader for my senior year of high school. It was the funniest thing. I never quite fit in with the girls but I did show that anybody could make the squad, no matter what group you hung out with.
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

premier ~ i kno what u mean. i've cheered all my life, but i mean i kno where to draw the line. im obsessed with cheerleading, but when it comes down to who i really am, there's nothing more extreme to me than wakeboardin or snowboardin. the team calls me diesel. i do anything that puts my life on the line and im prolly one of, if not the strongest on the team. g2g now, but i'll talk about it more tomorrow...

and yes, she made it
Ryan_m
Addict
Addict

City: glen ellyn

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about how coach..... all i can say is "FAG"
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubs-Maybe I am weird, but I never got into cheerleading. I seriously did it just to prove to myself that ANYBODY could be a cheerleader if they wanted to. I didn't give a crap about school spirit, the games, the rallys or the parties with all the popular people. It was a cool experience but could never be a way of life for me. Maybe the cheerleaders at my high school were just lame.
Chukee_R
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be on MADE to become a professional wakeboarder! To bad MTV would probably tell me to forget it if they even said anything to me. Although I wouldn't mind a MTV funded personal instructer, boat, etc. Smile
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

premier ~ i have been cheerleading since i was 8 i think. when i first started i didn't really like it that much, but since dad was coaching the teams i cheered for, i kept at it. then one year my coach helped us work on a routine for competition. ever since that first competition, i have been addicted. i watched cheerleading on ESPN and would make routines, teach new stunts that i found to the squad, all sorts of stuff like that. but, the one thing that i hate about cheerleading is the people that sterotype cheerleaders and the idea of cheerleading. the amount of muscle and endurance it takes is amazing. i mean hell, i go to the gym a couple times a week just so that i can make stunting easier and because its something i need to do. most people only see cheerleaders as the chicks with short skirts that yell from the side-lines. i'd love for all of them to just watch a college cheer. compeition and see how guys hold a girl up in the air on one hand. it even amazes me...
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubs-That is the exact impression I got after attending cheerleading camp. Our school's squad was more about image and not to hip on the technical aspect of the sport. We basically sucked. I had no idea that cheerleading could be the sport that it obviosuly is. I don't think the girls at our school took it too seriously.
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

premier ~ thats how some girls this year have started off, but i straightened them up by bringing a couple to a compeititon last week-end to see who we were competing against in 2 weeks. then they saw how hard we have to work and how much our routine needs changing. but my senior year will be our primse year, and i can't wait!!
matt 4
Addict
Addict

City: columbia SC clemson SC

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the highschool that the sly claps went to was about as cool as a jetskis. does everybody at that school like those guys?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool as a jetski? That doesn't sound good at all Wink
Sarah
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know weather to take that as a compliment or not...and to answer your question no not many people at our school like them or even knew them untill now...i love matt tho hes a character! and like 3 years ago i had the biggest crush on justin... Embarassed
matt 4
Addict
Addict

City: columbia SC clemson SC

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that is a cool school, my statement must of come out wrong, what i ment was that by looking at the members and who there friends were and the way they dressed was just different than what i am usto, i guess im just usto like polo, lacosta, and things like that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ohsix
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: