Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyrocasto
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Business Reply with quote

Well sitting here as the boss(my dad) goes into another meeting to get pissed off and lay someone else off. I personally dont think I could fire someone like that but I imagine if you worked long enough on something and they have only held you up you might get worked up enough to do it.

I'm one to correct people and show them the right way to do it, but when the 100th time of doing it wrong came around and it's just time, dont know if I'd have the balls.

Hell a little while back we wanted to nicely get a guy out of here so we offered him 1 month severance, or a 33% cut in salery. Lets just say the guy still works here... Confused

Could you lay someone off? From one stand point it's just business and you're trying to succeed, but then so are they(sometimes).

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
finkle
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can't do the job with repeated assistance or direction then you obviously can't do the job.

I also believe that just because you have worked somewhere for a long time, that doesn't mean you deserve a promotion. Sometimes it does b/c you have learned all the aspects that would allow you to move up. However, tenure doesn't mean you should automatically move up and that is one thing that bothers me, people thinking they deserve promotion.

Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully your Dad has all his ducks lined up in a row, when he shows the guy the door.

PC word of the day: Conflict resolution Confused

lcap
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Homeless

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fire people all day everyday and not lose a wink of sleep. Employees are only concerned with themselves and thats fair. Likewise, I'm only concerned with my bottom line. If an employee isn't helping my bottom line they are gone. I will usually lay them off and give the reason as "lack of work." This enables the employee to collect unenjoyment imediately.

If they get lippy or have had numerous chances and continue with whatever they were in trouble for then I will release them "For Cause." This prevents them from collecting unenjoyment for 8 weeks and my unemployment rates don't go up.

Xanadu
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on who they are. I don't have any personal experience, but if they were slacking, sure, but if it was like sales are going downhill and you have to make redundancies, well, I dont know...
pyrocasto

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finkle, I believe you should be paid almost what you're worth to the company. If you do a good job, well that's what we hire you for. If you go above and beyond and help out somehow, then maybe there's lines for promotion or bonus.

Dragonlady8, they weren't fired because of the conflict I should have specified. They needed to be layed off and he just got pissed talking to him the last time. Laughing

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: