Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

wakeskate tour is stright bs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeskate77
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: wakeskate tour is stright bs Reply with quote

ok the whole tou i think is gay because the 4 guys who make the finals no matter what. there are alot of god riders out there thatcan out ride thoes guys, im not saying they re better but everyone has there days or weekends. since they always me it it only leaves 2 spots for the othere riders and there for the riders are deprived and dont get to make it to the finals and show thereselves i think everyone need a equal chance just like black and whit people. whit people should not get special rights just cause there white everyone is equal.
Jaybird

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though you write like a 3rd grader, I totally agree with you. Everyone has their good and bad days. How is it fair that those 4 riders can ride like crap and not land a damn thing and still make it to the finals? Don't get me wrong, they are all gerat riders, but when it comes down to competition, it's all about how well you ride right then and there. Hopefully this will change so that everyone has a fair chance against each other. Oh, and I was told that all the riders that make it to the finals get a paycheck.
SEAMAN
Criminal
Criminal

City: orlando

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,
Here’s my take on it. By far the best run of the weekend was Aaron Reed's qualifying run. That guy is amazing. Next was Grubb's, his first run also. I'd put Daniel in third, he was the only one the whole weekend to stick a kickflip. And every decent person there tried. The first heat of the qualifying round was an embarrassment to the sport, it just seemed like nothing happened. I saw some riders just riding down the lake, maybe a bs slide or fs slide on the wake. Now I know these people can ride, behind a boat, or on the cable, but the weekend did not help show wakeskating. I have heard negative things from most people, and it was the finals that they talk about. We know the four finalists are the best behind the boat, but the jet skis just aren’t helping show what’s up. Aaron and Grubb impressed me, the guys trying the aframe showed balls, but that’s all I can say about the weekend. I’m not saying anyone can do better, I’m saying the format sucks. The Pro tour sucks, and I think wakeskaters should do their best to try and get their own thing started. I’m down for helping.

SEAMAN

Josh R
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What The F@<k did you just say???
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did black vs white come into it?
Dave Barousse
Addict
Addict

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I think they have it set up with the 4 riders automatically making the finals to MAKE SURE there are enough riders to have the finals. Remember that this is THE FIRST time they have had a wakeskate division on the tour. You can't expect it to be the best thing since sliced bread. It will get better with time. Look at it this way, it is much better than last years.....isn't it????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... My brain hurts after trying to figure out what the hell you were saying. Was that some sort of slang/HTML tag/ short hand combination? There are going to be a lot of issues with what people want and what they think is fair. This is the first year, they have to work out all the kinks and makes changes for the better. I think anything that will help to promote and make the sport stonger as a whole is good. I also think there will be some other guys making the podium, I can see byerly up there, Drew, Tim, many more. Give it time, Remeber what the first wakeboards looked like and how that was going???

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: anytown, usa

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was thinking about this too because someone else brought it up. I think that those four guys were guaranteed spots because they have been in the limelight for awhile and those are "the names" that might draw some attention to the comp. Yeah, there are other guys that are good,but perhaps they have to pay some dues? And that isn't just something I came up with either because the same thing happens in wakeboarding (I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it happens). Maybe the format sucks but at least wakeskaters have a chance to make a bit of money, rather than riding for free (I know thomas is using that money for something good). Like someone said, this is the first time wakeskating has a real comp and like any other sport, it will have its issues to work out. Relax, the H is O.
bruised&broken

City: Glendale AZ

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that alot of it has to do with ego. Its a damn shame that it has to carry over from the boarding scene but whatever.
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree that those were spots were locked in. Look at byerly, I think he has gotten more publicity in wakeskating than aaron reed. If it was straight set up then it would have been Byerly, Thomas, and Grubb. I think Thomas is one of the most tech riders out there, he deserved it. It's also a little harder to judge wakeskateing than boarding. I don't think ego has anything to do with the placement either. I've met Grubb and he was cool, talked to him for awhile, gave him a keg stand and then went on. The next day he came up and said what's up when we were walking around. Seemed like a good guy. I haven't met Thomas or Scott, but I wouldn't think the ego had anything to do with it.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, VTC seems to have everyone compete for spots, so maybe things are improving.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
As Stated
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should throw wakeskating off the tour. Just like the 3 Event skiing. The only thing its good for is to go get some food without missing anything important.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Stated, can you say anything positive in a post?

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DockSecret wrote:
As Stated, can you say anything positive in a post?

No. He's an idiot.
stompin7s
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: venice/ tallahassee

PostPosted: May 01, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just give it some time...once everything gets figgured out it will be alot better. like they should have the runs littered with all kinds of sh*t. not just that one tabletop thing in the middle, like some more small sliders and barrels and stuff like that to tech off of. Idea
rtpotter

PostPosted: May 01, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Stated you are retarded, what do you think most people thought when wakeboarding first hit the tour. I admit i was one of them. But i think that wakeskate tour is great for the sport, and it is a great chance to see riders you dont get to see live anymore. Byerly especially, but Grubb, and Horrell. Give them a few stops and they will be killin it like they do int the videos.
projectely4
Addict
Addict

City: Bradenton, Florida

PostPosted: May 05, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it is cool but i think they should ride behind a wakeboard boat. then it would be sweet. or give an option to the rider. ive seen shawn watson board varials wake to wake there is no reason a the pros shouldn't be riding behind a wakeboard boat.
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: anytown, usa

PostPosted: May 07, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there is a reason why the pros aren't riding behind a boat. This event has replaced that lame "boardercross" wanna-be event that took place behind a seadoo. The point of the seadoo event (which has been on tour for ages-at least from 1995 because that was the first tour stop I saw on tv) was to promote a seadoo as an alternative way to enjoy wakeboarding and now, wakeskating. They are a sponsor of the tour and need to sell those things. And that, my friends, is why they don't ride behind a boat. If they ever did ride behind a boat, it would be a seadoo jet boat (they did that for one year too;1997, to be exact).
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: May 08, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for da history of the sea doo biz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: