Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Craziest movie ever..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardcore

City: Nor-Cal

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Craziest movie ever.. Reply with quote

Have any of you seen Mulholland Dr.? this is the first movie i have watched in my life where i can honestly say i did not understand one thing that happened in it. I watch a bunch of movie and am totally lost on it. anyone else seen it?
Dees
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Nampa

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen it. It was very wierd. The best part is the chicks on the couch where the blonds on top.

Another weird move was Requiem for a Dream. One of the Wayan brother was in it.

http://membres.lycos.fr/requiemforadream/

http://www.geocities.com/rfad2001/index2.htm

jt09 wrote:
ont - like your money, your opinion loses value as it crosses the border.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah dees, Requiem is NUTZ! I just watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas this weekend...again. That movie has got to be one of my favorite movies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bigairnut
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Vegas, Leaving Las Vegas was a pretty freaky movie...with Nick Cage and Elizabeth Shue. Man she was hot in that movie. I'm embarrased to admit that I haven't seen Requiem for a Dream yet, tho its been on my list for awhile now.

"From My Cold Dead Hands." The late Charlton Heston
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's definately a weird movie. I read somewhere about it symbolizing the evils of Hollywood, or something like that. I liked the part where the guy was confronting his dream. That and the scene dees is talking about. I think it would be fun to make a movie that makes absolutely no sense at all.
[steff]
Criminal
Criminal

City: long island, ny

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pink floyd the wall was pretty crazy.. but it had great music :]
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requim was nuts, very dark, but it told a story that could be followed and it made a very profound point about addiction. Mulholland Drive was weird and hard to follow. I remember reading the cover description that said it was erotic, and I was about an hour into it thinking "where is this going, this is hardly what I'd call erotic", then bam! two chicks making out. Anyway, I couldn't figure that movie out and its so slow that I haven't been able to make it through a complete second viewing.

Google seach on Mulholland turned up a website that has some good analysis and helped it make sense:

http://dir.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2001/10/23/mulholland_drive_analysis/index.html
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullholand Drive sucks. Typical Lynch (who I used to like, embarrasingly) wank factor 10.

The story on it is that it was actually ment to be a series, but the network pulled the plug when they saw how crap it was.

The first 45 minutes/hour of the movie is actually the pilot episode, then lynch was told about the series being cancelled, so he thought 'stuff, how can I make some money from this footage', so he immediatly shot a hot lesbo scene, and added his usual weird stuff, and didn't tie up ANY of the loose threads which were supposed keep the series running for.... however long. Thats why it doesn't make any sense, and takes a weird turn at the lesso scene.

Complete crap. Here - check out this debate, give your opinions (if you have seen the movie) http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/mulhollanddrive.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: