Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help on how to get up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sk8fool06

PostPosted: May 03, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Help on how to get up Reply with quote

Hey whats up i skateboard and i am bout to start wakeboarding but i was wondering like how exactly to get up and how fast should the boat take off to pull me up?
moblsv
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 03, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're comfortable skateboarding I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly. Just have the driver get some tension on the rope so you can feel the board pushing back against you and then have him hit it. The driver shouldn't yank you up full throttle but trying to take it easy probably doesn't help either. If you put your board on and sit on the ground you'll feel how you have to pull your board up under you to stand up. You'll want to do the same sort of thing in the water. Don't try to pull the boat back to you, just bend your knees, let the board come under you and stand up.
Krashr31
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Florida

PostPosted: May 03, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, place your heels near your butt,rope between knees and pretend someone is pulling you out of a chair while keeping your heels(dug in alittle) and your toes pointing at a 45 degree angle. Practice on land a few times if you like.
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 04, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't fight the pull, let the boat do all the work. You should never have to lean back and fight it, just keep your knees bent and keep your butt on the board until the board planes on top of the water, then just stand up and settle into your stance (regular/goofy). Unweighted ski boats will jolt you up, weighted boats take a little longer to get up to speed so you have more time, and smaller boats or outboard boats will all be different- but you can ride around in the crotched position for as long as you need to, so just wait on that board to plane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: