Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Vests for bigger breasted women?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OkieBoarders

City: OKC

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Vests for bigger breasted women? Reply with quote

Hey ladies!

I am having a hard time finding a good vest that fits my waist and my chest! Usually the waist will fit in a L or Xl when I zip and tighten it, then when it comes to my chest, it is very uncomfortable for the twins! Usually the L are for 40-44 and I am have absolutely no luck finding an XL in Hyperlite, Liquid Force, ect...

Please help!
deshawn
Criminal
Criminal

City: PHOENIX

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using a men's vest? I know that they come down a little further, but perhaps this would give you a little more support? Just a suggestion....i have the smallest "twins" in the world so i'm just throwing it out there??
OkieBoarders

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I am using now and it fits awkward. I have a really short torso and when I zip it up, its so small up top that, well, my boobs hang out the side of the vest. I found this out after I bit it hard and came up, top was off and the ladies were "saying hello" to my boyfriend's dad as he circled the boat back around.
deshawn
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG that is Horrible. I am very sorry! Your right, now that you mention it though....the arm holes are probablly alot bigger on a men's vest? Well my friend that has a large C cup uses the 04 or 05 hyperlite UCCA vest the black one with red grafics? She really likes it. Just a suggestion. Perhaps you could find one on ebay??
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emily Copeland-Durham is blessed in that department and she uses Jet Pilot.
Wouldn't use a man vest because the arm hole are larger........with that being said would you want the girls to fall out through an armhole after a bad crash? Laughing Laughing Wink

Last edited by Dragonlady8 on Jul 04, 2006 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
wakechik11

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ladies,

i understand that your boobs can't fit in the vest but......DESHAWN how do you know your friends sized boob...... i mean that is preety rude if you go telling people what size your friends boob are on a website .....well i find that disgusting i would never say that stuff about my friends....plus i wouldnt even ask them what size their boobs are

hopefully you will get some sence.........wakechik11 Mad
OkieBoarders

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakechik11 wrote:
hey ladies,

i understand that your boobs can't fit in the vest but......DESHAWN how do you know your friends sized boob...... i mean that is preety rude if you go telling people what size your friends boob are on a website .....well i find that disgusting i would never say that stuff about my friends....plus i wouldnt even ask them what size their boobs are

hopefully you will get some sence.........wakechik11 Mad

Whoa!

I think she was trying to give me some reference to the size. Plus, a lot of my friends know my size and I know theirs. Isnt that what gals do?!?

Anyways-
Thanks for the advice and i will keep my eye out for some more vests.
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is a tad bit frigid Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
We're chicks that wakeboard/skate and are pretty much scantily clad when doing such. So what's the issue?

I'm not proud, I'm a 34C/ 36B anyone else up for throwin' out the size of their floaters? Laughing

criswb
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Guayaquil

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I think that if i was with my friend and we were talking face to face to someone and I blurted out her bra size that would be rude. But I do not find it rude doing so the way deshawn did. I too know some of my friends bra size and i dont find it weird... we're girls!!

Well I cant really help you with the vest problem since I dont have that prob... im a size 32 A... But I have the Oneill womens Outlaw vest which some of my more gifted friends have used and they havent had any prob..

http://www.myspace.com/cristiamador
wakechik11

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i don't mean to sound like a bitch but still i would never say my friends boob size on the INTERNET....... so i am sorry for all the havick i have caused i just wont come back on this website....... Smile
sh0rtyme
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Portland

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakechik11, it isnt like she used names or anything...i don't see anything bad about it at all. It mostly sounds like you're trying to add fuel to a flame that really isn't here. Confused
ozwest
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to OkieBoarders original call out for help...

Have you considered talking to a person who does alterations? I sew and am fairly certain a custom fit could be tailored just for you and your "twins".

And about deshawn's posting referencing the size of her friend's "twins", I didn't find anything offensive about that whatsoever. Sounded like a good example to me...of course that could be the seamstress in my talking.

Privacy is an important thing but come on people...it's just a frame of reference posted in the Ladies Lounge. If I were to look at someone of my similar body frame, I'd say they were about a 34 to 36 B as well.
deshawn
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um OK! So I haven't checked this post in awhile? WHOOOAAA! I have to give a shout out to all you ladies out there back'n a girl up. And your right, It's NOT a big deal. I don't think that using the word "friend" exactly puts someone out there on the "INTERNET". Besides....my "friend" would die of laughter is she saw how much it bothered you. I think you should look into a little bit more coservative sport for yourself....perhaps shopping...where you can hide behind closed doors. I don't know if it's just me, but i think everyone thats ever been out on my boat has seen something of mine by accident. You never know how much of your suits gonna be where is should be when you take your jacket off???

Thanks for the props girls, and a little advice to you lady "your not wanted back here anyway if your going to cause drama with a bunch of chicks that are stoked on what they do and how they do it!"
mskier01
Criminal
Criminal

City: Dorset

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely said deshawn!
emmz

City: London

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm 34dd?!

i have this problem. cant go out without a rash vest on. isnt that the answer?!
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetpilot just introduced the Baller vest's female counterpart which may be of interest...
OkieBoarders

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That vest is sweet!

I found a Hyperlite XL which goes from 44-48 inches. I just don't want to spend 80+ on something that might be a bit snug!

ozwest- Could you alter something such as a vest?!? That thought never occured to me! Course, I totally failed Home Prep in Highschool. Embarassed
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OkieBoarders, Like I said Emily Copeland-Durham is well endowed and she wears jet pilot

http://www.jetpilot.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/34_49/products_id/184&options_value_id=

italiagal73
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Howell

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OkieBoarders-
i wear the vest that dragonlady8 mentioned- i had a hard time finding a vest that fit that area also. it is a very comfortable vest and doesn't make you feel like you're squshed in it. my advise is to go & try one on at a local shop- sometimes they'll even let you take it out & give it a try on the water- good luck, i hope it works out for you!
NightAngel
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Union Grove

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ladies think the side entry is better for well endowed ladies. I am wearing an 05 Obrien but I find that its too bulky in the front because of my chest and it doesnt fit my waist tight enough. I am wondering if thats just because of the zip and buckles in the front rather than the side? Just a thought.
ozwest
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarders - "ozwest- Could you alter something such as a vest?!? That thought never occured to me! Course, I totally failed Home Prep in Highschool. "

Yes, depending on the vest and how you would like it to look. I'd use lighter neoprene and lycra to make the alterations with with upholstry thread (much stronger thread than normal).

Much of my snowboarding gear in the late 80's/early 90's did not fit me well so I had to customize it since I'm a smaller female. With a lot of trial and error, I learned to modify the equipment/clothing/etc. I find it much easier to size up than to size down and helped out some of my friends I met along the way with their gear fitting. I couldn't post this without thanking my Mom as she was a seamstress when I was much younger and taught me much of what she knew about fitting, patterns, sewing, etc.
italiagal73
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Howell

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightAngel- i personally like the side entry better than a zip-up vest...i think it gives more room in the chest area and because it has a strap below your ribs you can get a good fit there too. that particular jetpilot vest is also shorter, which i like because it gives you more room to move and bend.
NightAngel
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Union Grove

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks italiagal. I will have to get me one to try out. I have seen several people using the Jetpilot ones maybe I will check them out.
OkieBoarders

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonlady8 wrote:
OkieBoarders, Like I said Emily Copeland-Durham is well endowed and she wears jet pilot

http://www.jetpilot.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/34_49/products_id/184&options_value_id=

I looked at the sizing chart and it said the XL was for a 44inch chest. I am bigger busted than that! Squeezing them a little, it's a good 48 inches in the biggest part.

And to think I had a reduction when I was 16 Rolling Eyes
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with Jet Pilot is that the sizes run larger than stated.
If you have the opportunity to trying them on, you'll know what I'm alluding to.

Another suggestion is to find neoprene tops. I forgot who use to make them for women. they looked like sports bras and where designed for watersports.

seaexplore

City: Valley Springs

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

34DD here too! I use a Roxy- medium or large- not sure- it's under the cover in the boat and it's 100 here right now so there's NO WAY I'm going outside to find out. Good luck! Keep looking-

Oh and BTW- there's NOTHING wrong with saying what size a friends "twins" are- I don't remember who it was that had an issue with it but GET A LIFE! This is a women's forum- ever been fitted for a bra? Try a group fitting! LOL!!!! Razz

I LOVE doing face plants- they clean out my sinuses and make my body feel WONDERFUL the next day!
drek

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Answer Reply with quote

I dont think we can get the answer to this issue unless we get some pics.
spooks

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drek wrote:
I dont think we can get the answer to this issue unless we get some pics.
lol pictures would help
wakeflopper
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Davis

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this forum is a few days old, but..... I heard that hyperlite has a "cupped" vest, and I haven't had the opportunity to check it out.

I'd love a vest that had a sports bra effect, currently, I am breast feeding, and the snugness of the vest are more than uncomfortable. the wastes are too large, and the vest telescopes up if i were an xl (yup the 36c jumped to a 40FF). So I were my husbands front zipper but only 1/2 zip the front, I'll probably die if i fall just right.

Until the progressive sport manufactering world recognizes the more delicately shaped sex is a consumer, I guess we'll just suffer.
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

34 D - I use the men's oneill outlaw - I hate a jacket that is bulky in the front - I need my arms to be loose or I have trouble with my grabs - I absolutely hate the way the women's CGA jackets fit - go nonCGA if you want comfort without the bulky front

40FF - holy @#$# - quite a jump - that sounds painful........

maybe you should just get one of those old school ski belts Laughing JK

ONT - I love it - would wear it with PRIDE!!!!
LakePrincess14

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went to get my vest, the salesdude showed me a lot of life vests for larger chested women/girls. There were quite a few that were really comfortable. He talked about all these women's jackets that were specially made for women with this problem. Perhaps you could talk to the salesperson at a sporting goods store?Lol, when we went it was an...amusing trip. The sales guy kept lookibg at me all funny and trying to get me to try on all these different larger vests. I'm a c cup and only 14, so people tend to think I'm about 16. Plus my grandpa was standing there laughing whike the salesguy was doing all this. Rolling Eyes

[[Taylorr<33]]
SeaLyon
Addict
Addict

City: Counce (Pickwick)

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperlite makes a fitted vast (Profile Series) in a XL. You might ask your hyperlite dealer to order one for you. We didn't order any last year so I can't help you on how they fit anyone.
criswb
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Guayaquil

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the new hyperlite vest, and IMO theyre way too bulky. I dnt have a large chest, but it felt as if I had implants on because the vest had kinda like cups. Maybe it works for gifted women, but for me, it was not too comfy
http://www.myspace.com/cristiamador
gotama176
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas for "slimmer" framed women. My girlfriend is having the hardest time finding a vest for under $100 that isn't pink with flowers! The closest thing is the LF Jett I guess.
hgaugh

City: Flower Mound

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotama176 wrote:
Any ideas for "slimmer" framed women. My girlfriend is having the hardest time finding a vest for under $100 that isn't pink with flowers! The closest thing is the LF Jett I guess.

Hyperlite has a teen neo vest that fits the more petite woman. I have the women's version and love it. But if she is tiny and does not want all the frills (flowers n stuff) she might look at some the Hyperlite catalyst too. Even though it is a men's vest does not mean you can ride in it...if she has a smaller frame. Just my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: