Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

opinion on type of wake board for kiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rephlex11

PostPosted: May 30, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: opinion on type of wake board for kiting Reply with quote

hey

new member to wakeboarder.com. reason being im looking for a wakeboard for kiting. i use a 05 145 litewave freestyle kiteboard now and was looking at an 05 o'brien vision 129 for moderate to nukin days with lf posi suc bindings (kite specific). just curious if it looks like a good board for kiting? i assumed so since the rocker is only 2 inches similar to a liquid force mission board but its 9 cm shorter. plus my board now is 2.25 rocker but is three stage while the vision is continuous.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can hold down alot of kite, then any continuous board will work. Just remember, the bottom of a wakeboard is designed to slow you down and the bottom of a kiteboard is designed to speed you up. Makes going upwind a challenge, but if you got the juice you can do it no problem. Also, the fin setup on modern wakeboards is designed to be optimal on smooth water. If you ride in alot of chop, make sure whatever board you pick has the ability to add some solid grip (larger fins).

Only prod wakeboard Ive ridden with the kite is a HL premier. Its 3 stage and I rode it fine, just not much grip and a bear to get pointed upwind.

Good Luck!

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
rephlex11

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. always like to know whos tried what and how it went. looking at the specs of that board it has about half inch more rocker then mine so im assuming mine may have a bit more kick. im hoping anyhow. i can change the outside fins. i made sure of that. only thing is the holes are spaced 3 inches apart. never seen that before. ill try to look for some 2" fins with 3" hole spacing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: