Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakesurf competition assistance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Stockton

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Wakesurf competition assistance. Reply with quote

Hey folks, I have finally received some interest from sanctioning bodies to add Wakesurfing as a discipline. NOW, I could REALLY use some help in organizing local grassroots wakesurfing contests, OR adding wakesurfing to an existing local grassroots contest.

I'd be very interested in seeing a contest or two in the midwest, although I'll take any help I can get at this point. Smile

Please send me an email at: jwalker@jwcpa.com or post here if you can be bribed or know of anyone that can be. Smile

Thanks a bunch.

Jeff
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Folks, the first event is set to go off August 5-6. Ed Sullivan is organizing this event and writes:

I've been working under the radar with Jeff and a few others to establish a combined wakesuf and wakeboarding competition in Columbus, Ohio. There are just a few more thing that I need to work out before formally releasing event information but I thought that I’d share some basic event information now.

The 2006 Scioto Wakefest will be a two day event, held on August 5th and 6th at Griggs Reservoir on the Scioto River in Columbus Ohio. On the first day we will feature a wakesurfing contest, wakeboarding clinics, board demos, and other equipment demonstrations. On the second day we will swap the surfing and wakeboard competitions-clinics, while continuing to hold equipment demos.

I’ve set up a yahoo email address for this event at SciotoWakeFest@yahoo.com.

I’ll have more information out in the next few weeks.

I'll be bringing a number of boards from Inland Surfer, Trick Boardz, Walker Project, Shred Stixx, Calibrated and Walzer...still working on securing more by the time August rolls around. It'll be a great opportunity for folks who want to try out boards that they can't normally get their hands on.
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks I wanted to let everyone know that we finally got a contest organized here locally in NorCal, relatively speaking. The series will be held up at Villa Lagos, near Red Bluff, CA. It will be the first and ONLY wakesurfing series in the country. We have 4 stops, basically each month starting this weekend on May 20th. The contest dates can be found at the http://www.intleague.com/ncalifornia/.

We have some great prizes, including boards from Inland Surfer, Xtreme Board Company, Calibrated wakesurfing, Shred Stixx, the Walker Project and a gift certificate from Trick Boardz for the board of your choice. We are trying to encourage as much participation as possible, so the boards (and other swag) are being awarded at random to the participants at each stop. You don't have to win or place to score a $500 board!

Each participant will get a commemorative T-shirt at each stop and the winners will receive trophies or medals for finishing first, second or third. The points leaders at the end of the series will be declared the series winners.

Some of the other swag includes free subscriptions to Wakesurfing Magazine and clothing from Entrust Clothing. I hope to see everyone from the Northern California area there! Smile

FlyBoy Wakesurf - the most technically advanced wakesurf boards
Wakesurf
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 16, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another board sponsor! Alan from Awakesurf is kicking in a board or two also.

www.awakesurf.com

Alan's Stealth skim style boards rock and were a big hit with the lucky receipients at the Moomba Jamboree

Wakesurf
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 16, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are gathering all sorts of killer prizes for this contest. Boards from Inland, Awakesurf, Trick Boardz, the Walker Project, Shred Stixx and clothes from the likes of Entrust Clothing, subscriptions to Wakesurfing Magazine AND we just scored board racks from 2nsane.com!

Check these out:

http://www.2nsane.com/wakeboarding.html

Remember, you don't have to WIN or even place in the event, just enter and you could go home with a board or this killer rack. Notice it's one of the only racks on the market that doesn't require a horizontal orientation for the surf style boards.

Wakesurf
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully a ton of folks can join us, we're hoping to see some great riding. The first of the series is this weekend, May 20th starting at 3:00pm, Villa Lagos in Gerber, CA. Email me if you need more info of directions at jwalker@jwcpa.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: