Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Longboarding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV1118

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Longboarding Reply with quote

does anybody have any tips for slowin down on a longboard. the shits crazy
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have several options, but much of it depends on your skill level and the type of board you're riding.

1.) Foot drag. The simplest of them all, you just drag your back foot on the concrete like it's a big brake. Wears out your shoes a bit, but it's the price you pay to be one of the cool skater crew.

2.) Tail drag. This one really only works if your board has a kicktail, if it's a pintail you can't pull this one. Basically you just press the tail down and skid to a stop. It takes a bit of balance and practice to really be able to pull this one effectively. Wears the crap outta your board though if you do it a lot.

3.) S-turn. Exactly what they sound like, start carving out S-shaped turns. This is a fundamental skate skill anyways so you should get to practicin' this one.

4.) Powerslide. The most stylish and difficult of the methods. Basically you get goin' really fast and then kick the tail out and skid sideways up the street. Really fun when you learn how to do 'em right, but it takes practice to learn how to shift your weight to get a good skid (especially on a longboard). The other thing that makes it hard with a longboard is that you have grippy wheels and a huge deck so you can only get good skids when you're goin' real fast. Good luck.
QNev
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kamloops, BC

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jester, I wouldn't even try a powerslide on a longboard. Especially going fast. I've had enough problems with wheel catches on a skateboard! Don't do iiiit
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I powerslide longboards all the time, but like I said, it takes skill & it's hard to practice 'cuz you gotta be movin' fast. I had hard wheels and learned the basics of it on a shortboard first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: