Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

etnies high five

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: etnies high five Reply with quote

This is my favorite skate video when I was younger and could be my favorite skate video of all time for personal, sedimental reasons.

However, I left it in the vcr the other day and somebody fiznaklin taped over it! I am just so crushed....I don't know what to do.

I know this is a pretty old video (circa 1994 I think....it was the 15 min promotional video that pretty much had everyone in it at time time).....but I was wondering if anyone had a copy and would want to sell it to me or maybe dub it for me?
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brisbane

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1994? alot of rider have progressed since then, just grab a copy of Opinion or sumthing like that... vcr's are so old school Very Happy
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know skating has come along way and I have Opinion, but high five reminds me of how fat skating has come. Plus Tom Penny's section in high five still has so much style to it....
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know skating has come along way and I have Opinion, but high five reminds me of how fat skating has come. Plus Tom Penny's section in high five still has so much style to it....
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't phase out videos just 'cuz they're old. The videos may be old but a lotta the skating isn't. That's how Rodney Mullen is still a pro and still making videos. I guarantee you if anyone repeated Duffy's sequence from Questionable and put it in a current video it'd still drop jaws. Matter of fact, the only section in Opinion that even comes near matching Duffy's is Matt Mumford's.
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodney mullen does some pretty amazing stuff in his part, he might not go as big, ut he is by far the best flatland skateboarder ever.. he made up pretty much all the tricks we do today
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt about it, Rodney's my hero. But if you watch a lotta his older videos you'll see that his tricks haven't changed too much. When they do change though, WOW. I guarantee you none of the flatlanders in the 80's & 90's thought of kickflip or 360 flip Primos. Or handstand fingerflip nosemanuals. Or lotsa other stuff Rodney's managed to make up.
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jester, yeh but when u think about it they cant really change much, he has more flips and spins crammed into one trick than you can poke a stick at.. Very Happy
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing my point. You told someone to move on & get a new video 'cuz the riding has progressed a lot in 10 years. I'm telling you that one of your favorite skaters is doing tricks now that he did 10 years ago.

Rodney first unveiled the casperslide in Virtual Reality over 10 years ago (1992 I think). In fact, his most impressive casperslide combos are still in that video, he does the casper to 360 flip, 1 1/2 kickflip to casper, and backside flip to fakie casper. Since that time he's not refined the trick or changed it in any way. Matter of fact he's watered it down to a stationary casper to 360 flip. Does it still drop jaws? Yeah. Know that flatland sequence he does where he does a buncha walk the dogs to 360's to half cab impossible? Watch the 1991 World Industries video Rubbish Heap, see if you recognize anything. And kids STILL love that line. Old videos do not equal outdated skating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: