Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

some pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommyadrian5
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: some pics Reply with quote

last weekend in dubai...
Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntington Beach

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick man! Kinda like Club Paradise: "Your hotspot for fun with guns in the sun"

What kinda wind speed do you see there?

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!! We had a suprise puff come in yesterday and I got out for a couple of hours. So sore today.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
tommyadrian5
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

Dubai is kind of strange for wind, basically, it isn't consistently windy here. It all depends upon the time of year. One of the big bonuses is that you can ride year round here with no more than a rashie in the middle of winter.

Summer: Sea Breezes from thermal warming of the desert, normally 12-18 knots 4-5 days out of the week. Occassional systems that come through producing 18-25 knot winds, but this is once or twice a summer. Downside is that it is deathly hot (100-120 during the day). Electric kite pump is clutch. Another downside is that forecasts cannot predict stuff, so you have to be willing and ready to go if the wind kicks in.

Winter: Less windy consistently, maybe 1-3 days a week of kiteable weather, but sometimes only 12-14 knots. We do get shamals (big wind systems) in the winter though, which will give us 16-24 knot winds for 3-4 days in a row (churning up the gulf and giving us great waves). I'm looking forward to alot of use of my 21 BFK in the winter.

Also, in the summer, you can drive to Asylah, Oman (8 hours), which for 3 months has consistent 20-35 knot winds and nicer temps than dubai. Lots of sharks though, but still an awesome place to kite. There is also masirah, oman, an island with epic waves and flat water, but that is very tough to get to.

I don't think Dubai would be as popular for kiting if the spots we have weren't so good. Perfect big sandy beaches, flat water, surfable waves, perfect ramps. When I was home in annapolis and checked out some of the local kiting spots it made me realize how good we have it here.
weby
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sydney

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts in dubai do you ride? do u ride off to the left of the burj. My folks live in Qatar so we go down to dubai regulary in the hols.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: