Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Worth getting a burton baron ES over a burton baron?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
absolutofft
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Langley

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Worth getting a burton baron ES over a burton baron? Reply with quote

I tried a burton baron 167 last season and I think I am ready to buy one for this season but I see that they now have a burton baron ES. Is this just a ploy to get people to spend more money or is it worth the extra money?
juiced4ever
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Truckee

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a custom x compared to the custom for all you big footed folk. yes it is cool it is not a ploy. they upgrade to core you get stainless edges and a better wfo base on it. hope that is a little help

Black Flys
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they are really worth the upgrde. Here is my reply from a thread inquiring about the custom X. In short, the ultra high performance cores seem to be much more fragile than basic cores.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=49148

Quote:
I think the basic custom will be a better choice. Everyone I know that has gotten a top shelf board from Burton has had problems with it. The reduction in weight with the dragonfly cores or the like also reduce the boards integrity.

The Custom is a proven board through and through, but get it with the Super Fly II core. You'll save money up front and in the long run as you won't have to worry so much about blown rails, delams etc.

There's a reason the Super-Fly II core has been around for 10 years.

Corporate
Addict
Addict

City: The Cats in spanish

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the Baron ES however I had a chance to ride the Custom and Custom X back to back last year. I can't vouch for the durability however I liked the fact that the Custom X felt a little stiffer and snappier. It was overall a more lively board and I would definitely recommend it over the regular Custom if you are a person that likes a stiff piece of wood Cool . I assume this would translate the same to the Baron and Baron ES however I don't have first hand experience.
finkle
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be positive which model mine is but I know it is a Baron Custom. It is stiff and fast. It's ok as an all mountain board but a little long. It is definitely fast though. If you are just doing pretty much straight down, long S turns on grooved runs, this is the board for you. NOT a park board and NOT a tree or bump board.
absolutofft
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Langley

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go with the regular Baron. Mostly because I bought a completely new setup this year and I didn't want to spend the extra money on a board that is already overpriced Shocked I can't wait to try this sucker out though. My new setup has hardly any toe drag, is super comfortable and looks sweet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: