Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ive lost that lovin feeling...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian_82
Addict
Addict

City: Longview, WA

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: ive lost that lovin feeling... Reply with quote

towards skateboarding.

after 8 years of everyday riding, the last 6-8 months i havent felt like riding. part of it is the new park in town (built by grindline) sucks. and the park is over-run by kids. and i got into wakeboarding more this summer. now that the weather is turning colder, i find myself praying for snow more than a dry day to skate. im sure i will still go push around to kill time every now and then, but i believe i am done with trying to go big, and dedicating myself to get better.

i know plenty of friends who have taken a break from riding for a long period of time, only to return, and i may do that, but being 23 years old now, it feels like ive been at it long enough. if i can still ride and enjoy it, ill be fine. maybe one day ill get a mini ramp set up somewhere, and my life will be complete. haha.

anyone else gone through a drought and not felt like skating for a while? what made you want to get back in it?
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao. done with it at 23, ya right. just take a break for a while and youll remember why you love skating when you come back. Try doing new stuff or just scouting different spots or try riding with a new group of people. right now im dying to skate cuz i hurt my back and doc told me to rest up for a while. im pretty much all healed and cant wait to go out with my friends this weekend. im praying for dry weather.
midwest wake
Addict
Addict

City: Middleton

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian_82, i quit for almost a year. and i was one of the top four out of my friends (had about 15 skating friends from kickflips, to 180 nosegrinds down skatepark stairs) any ways. i stopped becuase i kept rolling my ankles and my knees.

eventually i started again for about a month. and with in ten tries of not riding for a year, i was doing 360 flips again. for some people it's just a feeling thing.

anywyas, the point is, you'll eventually come back and love it again. for now, just go wakeboarding and snowboarding.
Ian_82
Addict
Addict

City: Longview, WA

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midwest wake wrote:
Ian_82, i quit for almost a year. and i was one of the top four out of my friends (had about 15 skating friends from kickflips, to 180 nosegrinds down skatepark stairs) any ways. i stopped becuase i kept rolling my ankles and my knees.

eventually i started again for about a month. and with in ten tries of not riding for a year, i was doing 360 flips again. for some people it's just a feeling thing.

anywyas, the point is, you'll eventually come back and love it again. for now, just go wakeboarding and snowboarding.

thats kindof what im thinking, just go do some other boardsports, im sure the love will come back.

i must say, the park our city built turned out crappy. heres a link:

http://grindline.com/cgi-bin/view.pl?view=longview

im more of a transition skater, i love riding mini ramps for hours on end. our old park had great flow, and i could cruise back and forth at breakneck speed pulling manuals and big ollies on the pyramid. it was a FUN park. this one is WAY smaller (in height, its the same square footage as the old park) and has less features. what happened is the city had a small budget, and apparently didnt have enough money in the budget to afford railings which apparently are required on all obstacles above 4 feet.

to putt his in perspective,

this is our old park, looking from the top of the 6' quarterpipe:

on the left was a small 6' halfpipe with 2 8' extensions. but it was so poorly built, it was a deathtrap. what was funner than riding it, was watching kids drop in for the first time and snap wrists and such.

i guess its more of a "the park sucks" issue more than i dont really wanna skate. i dunno, hopefully the plans come through for the park in the adjoining town, which is rumored to be more of a bowl park, well see.
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brisbane

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy a camera and go find a good spot in ur town and bring lots of friends...it neva gets old
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: