Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

board companies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakejumper17
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: board companies Reply with quote

i need to know what board company is THE BEST for everything. little jibbin, big mountain, pipe, park, the works i was gonna get a burton cause some friends said they were good. now my cousin says burton sucks, get a forum all the way. a guy i know who is really in to snowboarding said i should get a never summer. i dont care about models now i just want to know the best company whether its ride, burton, forum, k2, never summer, volkl, or something i never heard of

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPOND
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A boards ability has nothing to do with brand name, it all depends on the type of board it is and it's construction.

But if you really want the best company it would be Burton or Mervin, simply because they have the largest and most diverse lines of snowboards. Your post makes no sense at all though. You should really be looking into the type of board you want and then at the company. Unless you want to be some sort of fashion tool on the hill with hippity hottest names in snowboarding. Rolling Eyes

If you want a good all-around board there are several companies that make quality boards. Of your list I would look into Lib/Gnu, Burton, or Never Summer.

Tell your cousin that thinks Burton sucks and you should get a Forum, that Burton owns Forum, Uncle Pete cashed out last year.

Damon
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Federal Way / Bellingham

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 2nd Gnu... they are sick... some of the stuff they are doing with their boards are amazing.
sperbet
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Truckee

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with jryoung, both Burton and Mervin make very high quality products. Option's are also hand made and I have heard nothing but good things about them as well.
wakejumper17
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright thanks so whats the difference from buying offline to buying in a store?
JohnD
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying online is a great way to go if you know exactly what you want. Otherwise, buy from a store in case you have a problem.

You can find some good deals on eBay. Especially during the spring and fall when many board shops are getting rid of their old inventory.

~J.
juiced4ever
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option makes a good stick and so does Academy. try the Merit from academy top ten good wood. Or even the temptaion from K2 it is wille's board it is a fun one to ride.

Black Flys
luonthesnake
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another couple of boards you could look at for this season is the Atomic Hatchet and Axum. they're suppose to pretty much ride good in the park or on the mountain. and for the price, the Hatchet definitely would be something to look at. last seasons Hatchet, you should be able to get for half off now and still has everything you need for what you want.
wakejumper17
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet thanks
dirtysparks
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked myself up an 06 capita for this year. The new libs look rad, I'm curious about their magne trac sidecut....anyone have experience?

Seriously dude, go to your local boardshop and get educated....those dudes love to talk tech...
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: board companies Reply with quote

wakejumper17 wrote:
now my cousin says burton sucks, get a forum all the way.

Burton owns Forum. So if Burton sucks, then Forum sucks.... but in reality they are a quality brand.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
juiced4ever
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magna trac is a cool concept but that is about it. i rode it a little last year and basically the way it works is it is like a serated knife. In otherwords there is a lot more surface area of the edge cutting through the snow which equals two things. One more edge bite which is cool and allows a harder cut which is true but number two is that it has more resistance and you lose alot of speed in your turns, which causes a rider to leave that turn sooner than they normally would to save speed. But yah that is just my 2 cents, from having rode it.

Black Flys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: