Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

04 Mobius LSV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trammill
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Georgetown

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: 04 Mobius LSV Reply with quote

Just finished all my winter projects... thought I'd be a proud dad and post my baby. Heres what she got done this winter....

Tinted Windows
6 Kicker 6.5's in the boat
L7 12 Inch Sub under the dash and 2nd Amp
Liquid Audio Light Bar
Extra Set of Defcon Tower Speakers (dont match but they were cheap)
Yellow Neon's above the cupholders and under the dash

anti-shoobies
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Ghettoburg

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving that tint job, looks real good on that boat.

Great signature also. Laughing

trammill
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-shoobies, thanks. I think it looks so much better on the water with the windows dark. Cool Cool
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trammill, Do you usually look through or over your windshield when driving? I'm thinking about tinting, but I always look through the windshield and don't want it to affect my vision too much.

What % tint is that?

WakeBoarder44
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a cool boat!
nothing wrong with the 'non matching' tower speakers!

post some pics when it's in the water...

Cool

* Hesitation leads to pain!
MobiusMan

City: Lewisville

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey trammill,
I have a 2003 Mobius LSV and I just installed the Fusion T-Series Combo Speaker system on my tower. Each of the two speaker pods weigh close to 20 lbs each. I have noticed some tower sway while trailering to the lake. Have you noticed any tower side-sway with your speaker/tower setup?
trammill
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAW, When you are in the sun, the tint is not like on a car. Since the inside of the boat is not closed up, then tint is plenty light enough to see through. I look through the windsheild also and have no problem seeing. If you look at the pic with just the speakers, you can see how dark the tint looks from the inside, just at the bottom of the pic....And that is with the bimini shading it. If the sun is directly on it....you have no problems. As for late eve sessions.... its been too cold to know yet. Wink

MobiusMan, Yeah, one thing I definately don't like is the little bit of sway that I get out of the tower. When going over rollers or trailering, I have noticed a little "unsterdyness" in the tower. I really don't know how to prevent it....

Diggs
Addict
Addict

City: Portland

PostPosted: May 06, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp looking ride... I have been contemplating the window tint too....
sperbet
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Truckee

PostPosted: May 06, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does that L7 sound?? I am thinking of putting two in my boat.
sperbet
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Truckee

PostPosted: May 06, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and what do you have pushing it???
trammill
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 06, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sperbet, All I can say is that L7 is F*ing SICK. It rattles my windows in my house from outside. It has a peak RMS of 1500 watts, so you are going to need a big amp. I'm using MTX, only because I'm a tight a$$. 1000 W. I could see where 2 12's could be overkill, but different strokes for different folks. Post pics when you get them.
kavlock99
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: May 09, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trammill, Sick job man. I do appreciate the nice tint job.

Besides these projects, have you modified your ballast setup?
The gravity games bags are pretty nice, but i was curious if you added any weight.

trammill
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kavlock99, I would love to purchase the back gg bags for my mobius, but havn't found the $ or time. The 300 lb bags back there now, definately don't get the job done. I currently keep my boat at the lake and am using lead. About 400 extra on each side. Then I fill one 550 launch pad and put it as far up in the bow as possible. This leaves plenty of room for the ladies.... Wink And the wake is M-A-S-S-I-V-E. Heres a pic. Cool Cool
Nauty
Addict
Addict

City: Lake Dallas

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trammil,

I'm with you on the GG sacs. I'd love to have them, but just can't afford them. I found an alternative though....Boarder's Paradise makes custom sacs. I ordered all three sacs to the GG sac dimensions. The total cost to my door was $286.

The down side of these sacs is that they are not as thick as the GG sacs. However, since they will be inside carpeted compartments and a ski locker, the risk of anything puncturing them should be limited. They are the same material as a regular sac, so they should be fine.

The other down side is that the connections are not as solid as the GG sacs. However, I have an idea.... Rather than use a water bed adapter to screw onto the outside of the fat sac valve, I plan on using a plumbing barb fitting to go inside the fat sac valve. I will then clamp the outside of the fat sac valve to hold the barb in place. The other end of the barb fitting will screw onto the fittings that came with my stock sacs. The stock fitting will then quick connect to the hose as usual. This should give me a pretty leak proof connection.

Just a thought for those like me who are on a budget.

NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nauty, Hmmmm, that's interesting. I have the sizes for GG set up in my 21V, but not real amped on the price. Do you have any pictures of the bags and suspect connectors? Is it leaking? What boat do you have it in?

trammill, Wake looks good. Where'd you score the lead?

Nauty
Addict
Addict

City: Lake Dallas

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAW,

I don't have the sacs yet. I just ordered them today. You can see a picture of them on Boarder's Paradise website. Prior to making this decision I did a search on this website for custom sacs. I found several threads where people purchased custom sacs from BP. I sent one guy a PM asking about the qaulity. He wrote me back that they were great.

I have a 2004 SSV. I took the quick connect fitting (the one that screws into the sac) with me to Lowes. I found a 1" barb with a 3/4" female threaded fitting. The quick connect fittings off of my sac screwed into this barb fitting perfectly. The barb should fit snug inside the custom sac valve. A clamp should hold it in there securely. As soon as I get the sacs I will take some pictures of the set up and post them.

Another thought is the dimensions of the front GG sac. The basement of my SSV (I have the play pen set up) is 20" wide, 15" tall, and somewhere around 90" long. However, as you get closer to the bow the space begins to narrow. I called around to get the dimensions of the front GG sac. I was told that it is 19x19x88 and weighs 1000 lbs when full.

The problem is, there is no way that this sac can fully expand. It's 4 inches taller than the compartment is deep, and that's just to the seam of the sac. At the end closer to the bow the space narrows to about 10 inches wide. It is impossible for this sac to expand to 19" tall and 19" wide near the bow. With this in mind I really have to question whether or not the front GG sac can hold 1000 lbs inside an SSV. I'm sure it can hold this weight, if not more, outside the boat but when in a compartment there is no way.

I ordered my front sac to fit the dimensions of the compartment. It's 19"w X 15"H X 75" long. Any longer than 75" and the sac would really have to be tapered to get any benefit from it. My calculations say that the custom sac I ordered should hold close to 850 lbs, allowing for some expansion past 19" wide. I am guessing that this is closer to what the front GG sac really holds when inside the SSV play pen locker.

Don't get me wrong. Fly High makes a GREAT product. There are definitely some differences that can justify the higher price tag. If I had plenty of money to spare I would absolutely go to my Supra dealer and buy the GG sacs. Unfortunately, my money needs to go in the gas tank. Sad

NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I was on a 22SSV last summer that had the GG ballast set up and both rear hatches and the playpen were 'floating'. The bags were so big the compartments couldn't close all the way! Laughing The wake was insane, though!
trammill
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Where'd you score the lead?

NAW, My local shop here has a crate of lead bags and they let me use as many as I want whenever I want. They own the storage where I keep my boat, so I usually just leave it in and if they need it, they get it.

kavlock99
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: May 13, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trammill, Nice wake. Good use of other reasources to get it weighted.
Grip it and rip it!

darty
Addict
Addict

City: Lexington

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've seen the tower swaying on a lot of boats...i wouldn't worry about it. with all that extra weight (speakers, bimini, board racks & boards), there is bound to be @ least some sway. this boat looks pretty sick. i stole 300lbs of lead out of it like 3 weeks ago...hahaha

trammill - give me a ring if you go ride this week...i want to get out with ya. I may be running to cumberland tues. & riding w/ hutton on weds. @ taylorsville. We need to work on those 3's. missed ya this weekend @ the int stop @ rough...you could have taken your division from what i saw.
millerthymes

City: ft worth

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Tint Reply with quote

Nice job on the tint. Did you take the windows out or do it on the boat? Did mine when I powdercoated the window frame. Just curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: