Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

any tips on the frontside 180???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanssapo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Mexico

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: any tips on the frontside 180??? Reply with quote

hey wadup I'll be goin snowboarding for the second time to breckenridge, I was just wondering if the frontside 180 or the approach is different from a wakeboard 180??? I wanna try those first from a small ramp, last year I saw a lot of guys that instead of doing the 180 after they had taken off, they did it already from the ramp, like a heelside edge, u know, like if u were gonna slow down in which u put your board perpendicular to the direction your goin, hope anybody understands what I mean, well thanks for all!
Entrust Clothing
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Portland

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frontside 180s are still one of my favorite tricks, it's such a fun trick and you can take it super big with lots of style. it's a pretty easy trick to learn, but you should be comfortable riding switch first, then just find something small to pratice them on and go for it, you will approach the jump with moderate speed and carve off your heelside edge as your are leaving the lip, this will intiate the spin, just do a nice easy carve or you will over rotate. for backside do the same thing except carve off your toeside edge. you wanna start spinning before you leave, if you try to jump straight and then spin in the air you are in for trouble

good luck

luonthesnake
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more like a buttering technique when they're starting their initail spin on the kicker. still possible to do the fs 180 even after launching from the lip. but like Entrust said, ya have to be comfortable riding switch. while your just cruisin the groomed stuff is the best place to learn. just hit some beginner slope where its more flat but still have a little speed and practice trying to rotate your board. just ollie (jump) and try to bring your board around. eventually it'll come around, kind of like you got to make it come around. after that it gets easier. then later you can find some area of untouched pow and build a small cheesewedge to practice off of. the bs 180 takes a little more since ya have to get over that blindspot. hope this helps, I found this the best way to learn, IMO. but hell, what do I know, only 2 seasons here Razz.
rock_lobster

City: Jupiter

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year i started trying 180's. i started by picking an easy run, getting up to a moderate speed and cutting out to a full hs edge, once i got on that edge i would jump to a ts edge. its an easy way to get comfortable with the spin and once i got used to that i started taking it on kickers and bigger ramps. It worked for me, so if u cant get it right that might be worth a try. (btw have fun in breck, i went there last year and now its one of my favorite mountains)

if you understood that go to my cookie jar (http://tinypic.com/b5ipec) and get youself a cookie.
hanssapo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Mexico

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys for the responses, so f. example if I come to a small jump or ramp, and I lunch in the air straight, I won't be able to do the 180?? I have to carve off my heelside edge as I'm leaving the ramp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: