Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

for you norcal fools that are jonesin'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: for you norcal fools that are jonesin' Reply with quote

ditch work thursday and come to the city!!!

ICER AIR 2005 presented by JEEP Secures Street Closure Permits
Jonny Moseley Hosts San Francisco’s Inaugural Urban Big-Air Competition
September 29, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (September 22, 2005) - ICER is pleased to announce that following a unanimous decision by the San Francisco ISCOTT board to grant the necessary street closure permits for the event, ICER AIR 2005 will take place as planned on Thursday, September 29th from Noon -4 p.m. ICER AIR 2005, the inaugural big-air competition to be held on one of San Francisco’s world-renowned steepest streets, will feature 20 professional skiers and snowboarders in what promises to be one of the most exciting events to hit the streets of San Francisco.

“We are extremely pleased with the outcome of the ISCOTT hearing,” said Jonny Moseley ICER spokesperson. “We feel that together with the city of San Francisco we have adequately addressed any concerns and look forward to hosting a safe and spectacular event.”

The ski jump will cover 800 downhill feet on Fillmore Street, stretching from Pacific Heights to Cow Hollow, with spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge. More than 10,000 cubic feet of snow will be used to create the jump and launch athletes over distances of up to70 feet, and to heights reaching 15 feet in the air.

In response to previous concerns raised by the community and the city, ICER has added numerous security guards, volunteers and 45 San Francisco Police Officers to staff and secure the event. In addition, to mitigate the loss of parking due to street closures, ICER will provide area residents with free, secure valet parking and in some cases, complimentary shuttle service.

The big-air invitational features some of the most talented athletes on the mountain today. Athletes include: Kye Petersen, Sean Field, TJ Schiller, Rory Silva, Tanner Rainville, Andy Mahre, CR Johnson, Simon Dumont, Brent Meyer, JJ Thomas, John Jackson, Aaron Biitner, Jimi Tomer, and more to be announced soon.

Athletes will be competing for more than $100,000 in cash and prizes. ICER AIR 2005 sponsors include: Jeep, SSX On Tour, ICER SPORT, SKI by Jonny Moseley, Bataleon Snowboards, Sweet Helmets, Freeskier Magazine, San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau, CamelBak, Predator Wear, 560 Gallery Culture, Zig Zag Bail Bonds, Snowbomb.com, SPX Clothing, Hi Ball Mixers and City Visions Entertainment.

ICER AIR will donate 100% of profits from ICER AIR 2005 to non-profit organizations working to help victims of the devastating Hurricane Katrina. The Charity partner for ICER AIR 2005 is CHARITYSMITH.

related link on why this event is on a thursday as opposed to a few sundays ago- it was delayed because the residents didnt like it. hah!
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/09/22/BAskijump22.DTL

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright. here we are. two pics to whet your appetite until i get these suckers uploaded. they'll be up on www.dpcfilms.com before the end of the weekend. hopefully

lets play a game. its called "Where's Jonny Moseley?"

twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I wish I could've gone, I planned on going before when it was on a saturday but I just couldn't get today off.

I'd have to say that moseley is on the left side, up higher than everyone else, black and white hat with the black arm band.

twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and sweet pictures man
J-Ro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Rocklin

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Scott.

I have to say though, SF is the epitomy of a "Butter Face". From across the bay or from a hill in town or atop a skyscraper, it is soo beautiful but street level it is a fricking zit faced fat chick.

Read My Blog

RIP Leggester
DC
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the end of the weekend and here are the pics!

http://www.dpcfilms.com/Photos.asp?cat=2

Some desktops as well:
http://www.dpcfilms.com/Downloads.asp#snow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: