Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

feedback from lib tech riders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
west coast boarder
Addict
Addict

City: Nor Cal

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: feedback from lib tech riders Reply with quote

So i am looking to get a new setup this season because my old board has been put through the paces and seen better days. My old board was a burton custom and I don't want another one. I was looking at the new Lib Tech boards and was wondering if anyone has tried the EMMAPEEL 160 wide? Is this a new board this year? I basically hope to hear from some people on here that ride lib tech boards and can tell me if they are happy with them and if they hold up well. Thanks
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Emma Peel is a proven lib tech, it's been around for almost as long as the Custom It's shape has remained the same over over the years w/some minor tweaks but they've kept the internals up to date. Compared to a Custom, it's more fre ride oriented. It's a very solid ride, but not as poppy as the Custom. The Emma carves like Mother F***** too!

I've ridden pretty much every lib/Gnu out there. Magne Traction is where it's at though.

What are you looking for in a board? I acutally own a custom too, so I know how the other boards compare. I also own a LIb Tech Dark Seies and Gnu Ride's choice.
Liquidmx
Addict
Addict

City: San Jose

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, for a 70% park rider is the magna even worth the upgrade? I love hitting big booters and rails, but am curious if I would even notice a difference. On one hand I would think it would make a huge diff in the ice; on the other I dont want to worry about catching an edge on tail/nose slides. I am currently riding a Burton Dominant and am pretty happy with the performance, just curious if this board would make those icy conditions more tolerable? It would seem sacreligous to detune that board.

Does Libtech may make it too stiff for a serious park board anyways?

west coast boarder
Addict
Addict

City: Nor Cal

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, I am looking for a board that I can mostly ride in the park although sometimes I like to just go mess around on the groomed trails. since you said that the Emma carves really well I think I definetly will stay with the Emma wide because I have size 11 feet and i don't want my feet to hang off the board. Also what bindings would you recomend to go with the board?
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're gonna ride park pretty much exclusively check out the Dark Series. The Dark Series has insane amounts of POP! The most out of any board I've ever ridden, it's a fairly stiff FS board but soo kick ass. The down fall of that board is that it's sooo responsive and poppy is that the dampeninig isn't the greatest at high speeds in crud as you tend to get bounced around a bit. Where is in the Emma Peel you lose a bit of the pop in exchange for a damper, more solid ride in variable conditions. I ride my dark about 75 percent of the time and ride my custom in pow and crud.

I'm getting a a Magne this year, either the new T-Rice 161.5 or Magne 164. Yes, you can detune the edges on the magne and it will still carve/hold and edge way better than a regular board w/a decent tune. You don't really notice the magne traction unless you are on ice/really hard snow, you actually notice you're holding an edge w/less effort.

You should also check ot the Gnu Rider's Choice, 161.5, ti got transworlds 10 ten good wood award too.. It's reasonably priced too. I have one but mine is three seasons old now and pretty much my rock/rail board these days as I've beat the hell out of it.

They make wide Dark Series and Rider's Choice too.
Corporate
Addict
Addict

City: The Cats in spanish

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put a deposit on a LibTech TRS 159 with magne traction after hearing everyone rave about it last year. I am getting the snowboarding bug really early this year, anyone else completely jones'ing?
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolson, You'll be stoked on that board. I liked the TRS a lot but it was a little too loose for me, I'll be w/Magne Traction it'll be perfect!

Oh yeah, LIb is making skiis this year w/Magne Traction! They're not calling them skiis, but really skinny snowboards, haha. Pretty nuts..

Mervin is where it's at.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolson, you are not alone. I am ready for snow again....

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Corporate
Addict
Addict

City: The Cats in spanish

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Dutton, care to compare and contrast the TRS and the magne traction for me...
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the TRS but it was too loose and skatey for my taste as a primary board. It would've been a kick ass FS/park board though, w/the Magne Traction I'll bet it absolutely kicks ass. I thought The TRS felt a lot like my Custom, but a just looser.

Got my order in for the Travis Rice 161.5, can't wait..

Oh yeah, Check out "Community Project" .. Travis Rice's movie, he absolutly kills it! I think hands down is the best all around snowoboarder in the world right now. Tyler Lepore shreds hard too. Great flick, check it out.. Lots of Freerding w/ a bit of everything else in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: