Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tantrum help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntington Beach

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Tantrum help Reply with quote

I've been trying to do a trick-a-day all summer. So far a tantrum has completely eluded me. I've been trying to do it wake-style with the whole trip flip thing but every time I just end up falling on my butt. I was watching "Boosting" today and it looked like they weren't doing that at all. Basically it looked like they were doing a normal pop, slightly less upwind than for a backroll, and then letting go with their back hand to square up their shoulders. Is this how its supposed to be done behind a kite? Have I been wasting my time trying to figure out the secret to a trip flip all summer?

Also whatcha guys think should be the next trick in my progression? So far I'm nailing (both regular and switch):

raley
backroll
frontroll
backroll to revert

I'm thinking next after the tantrum will be front roll to revert then maybe learning to land blind. I dunno tho, I'll have to change my current leash setup to a slightly less safe connection on the back of the harness to accomodate the handle pass.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a tantrum on a kite is more like the "frantrum". Pop like a front flip, then just drop your back hand and quare your shoulders.

Learn some TS stuff!!

Jason

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntington Beach

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah gotcha. That is soooo much easier. Hopefully I'll get it next time I'm out.

Hehe...ya I know. I'm gonna start wearing my harness backwards just so I'll be forced to practice my toeside riding.

Thanks Booger!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: