Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

CASSETTE WAKESKATES PRESS RELEASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomas

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: CASSETTE WAKESKATES PRESS RELEASE Reply with quote

as of 10pm tonight (east coast time) the press release is up, our stance on the industry and where we're taking it is on www.buttermag.com...... later,thomas
Wakeskater42

City: Miami

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does that mean that cassette will no longer be distrubited through Liquid Force? How does that effect costumers and product distribution? -Chris
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how come Cole Munster isn't on the team anymore? Sad his style was so great, his section in Linear Perspective is so good.
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: anytown, usa

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, david legler knows what's up!! Cole had my favorite part in lp...I even bought the beef wellington cd (along with a few others) so I could make the entire lp soundtrack. The song tacet fit his part so well and you don't always get that in videos. He had some pretty technical tricks that look better than byerly's (like 270's off of the wake). Anyway, I was pretty disappointed to see that too but at the same time, in certain aspects of his riding he isn't keeping up with the major players (not really any wake to wake stuff, flip tricks, etc). granted he should be able to ride the way he wants, meaning if he doesn't like wake to wake stuff, he shouldn't have to do it. But at the same time people like to have/see well rounded riders. He's still dope to me though.

I can hardly wait for the new vid to come out. I still remember how much that video inspired me (and still does..it never got old for me). The guys at my snowboard shop really loved it too. That video was the best thing since sliced bread. For real. In my opinion, most, if not all of today's wake industry videos don't even come close to the creative and artistic nature of lp. and maybe they dont' want them that way but that style is a breath of fresh air and is appreciated.

David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey electricsnow where i have you been? i was just thinking the other day that the forums haven't been blessed with your thoughts in a while and the bam! your back. haha

well anyway, thats true about cole about not keeping up on everything. i would like to see how he looks w2w and all though.

after i got lp and my other wakeboard videos i went to kazaa and started to download all the songs that i could too, most of the songs are good songs to get me pumped up for wakeskating, diving, or whatever.

and in the new video i'm ready to see some new Kovachich and see what danny hampson's style is like.
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well david, as for what I've been up to, things have been crazy. So crazy that I decided to write a rap to document my experience:

I was chillin' out, maxin, relaxin out coolin out, shootin some b-ball outside of my school, when a couple of guys, they were up to no good. Started makin trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said, "you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel air."

That's not the whole song, but rather just the part that changed my life. AHHH, just kidding! That's from the fresh prince of bel air. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. You definitely seem to know what you're talking about too. And good luck on your kickflips this summer (I thought you had posted a vid last summer with you attempting them and coming really close).

As for the lP music, I put it on mini disk and I listened to it while I was snowboarding. That music is so dope and it does inspire me. That's the beauty of music (good music, that is. Which is also objective).

Yeah, I am excited for the new video in general. At first I thought I could pick out just one person but all in all, I think the whole thing is going to be great because each rider has something special about their riding. Whether it be kickflips or aaron reed's bluntslide (I forgot he even did that trick until yesterday), or crazy style, they all have something different and I can hardly wait to see what is in the video. Oh yeah, and I'm not just excited for the riding either; I'm excited for the music too. In the last video, thomas had music that isn't really heard in videos (you know, mark bame used a bunch of swollen members stuff in one of his videos and like the season before, swollen members was a big thing in the snowboard video industry, particularly with the mack dawg videos. THat was just an example. I'm not trying to diss mark or anything.) Anyway, thomas has exposed me to some new music through his videos and I love that because I probably wouldn't have heard it otherwise. I don't know, there's just something different about his stuff that is totally refreshing. Later.

derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

City: san antonio/ college station

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could someone post the name of the songs and bands from linear perspective? i loved the sound track to decline and would like to listen to some of the music from lp.
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know all of the songs off hand, but I will give you a complete list with the songs in order (if someone else doesn't do it first). Here are some that I know of:

1) opening credits: the song was by clint mansel and the song was from the soundtrack to pi, but I can't remember the name.

2) built to spill, time trap

3) kovacich: trans am- carboforce. The video says "surrender to the night" but I have the cd so I am the final word! Just kidding.

4) cole: beef wellington with swamburger and the fantabulous family-tacet.

5) montage: modest mouse-every penny fed car

6)drew and friends: fugazi-don't remember

7)thomas:milemarker- signal froze

8)closing: bright eyes- feel good revolution

those should keep you busy for awhile. I am pretty sure that is the entire soundtrack, but I have to check on the clint mansel song and the fugazi song. Quite frankly, some of the songs were hard to find so I ended up buying three different cd's to complet the track listing (unregregretably, I might add). However, I know someone that found all of the songs online, so it can be done. Good luck because the music is dope.

electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, there is one more song in the rave till dawn part. I can't remember the name but I'll get it for you at some point...
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fugazi song was called "ex-spectator" and there wasnt' a title listed for the clint mansell song, but just try typing in his name (I do believe his last name is spelled with two l''s) or pi soundtrack or something. It was pretty easy to find.
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whistled for a cab and when it came near the
licensplate said "Fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
if anything I could say that this cab was rare
but I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
and I yelled to the cabby "Yo, home smell you later"
looked at my kingdom I was finally there
to settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

yeah that was me with the kickflip, its going to happend this summer. i can feel it! and hopefully sooner than later.

oh yes the bluntside, all i have seen is a picture of it, i am still wanting to see the video.
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about right,david. That's about right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: