Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Blank website... i need ideas...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Blank website... i need ideas... Reply with quote

Ok so i have a website that's in need of serious help. Basically my problem is that i don't have anything to put on it. I'll get snowboarding videos and pics on it this season... but what else can i add!?

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you want it to be snowboard oriented, I have had an idea I have been thinking about toying with for a while...but feel free to give it a shot.

I used to have a site that directly displayed the weather and snow reports , an driving condtions for all the resorts that I frequently visited. It pretty rad becuase I could look at the one web page and instantly decide where I wanted to go in the morning. Very Happy

However, this was just for summit/Vail county in CO ...and I have since moved so it is worthless to me, and I finsished up college and CU deleted my webpage so I know longer have the info..

But I was trying to create that same idea for everywhere in the US ... and then eventally international....but i lost my files and ran out of time. I was also going to do it in flash so you could have an interactive map and click on the state and then see all of the info regarding the state ... just so it was a little more organized.

You could also expand the map so it had trail maps, local riders /scenes info , and anything else

Feel free to try it if you want, it would be cool to see....and it would e a cool site and it would be better than just having some links to some random pics
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be insane... sounds like an awesome project. how did u have it display everything? or did you manually do it?

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use RSS feeds ... that is the path I was trying, but I am sure there are other ways.
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the project would be silly if you had to manually update the site all the time .... ha.

A bit more simple approach would to just have some links to the weather and stuff from one centralized page.

for example, have a webpage of colorado, and here there are links to the info regarding breck, abasin, vail, copper, etc.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah manually doing it would be rediculous. maybe i'll check this out...

wakeboardertj wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: