Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

I am having problems finding the sweet spot surfing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigsmity6969

City: west jordan

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: I am having problems finding the sweet spot surfing Reply with quote

I am having a hard time finding the sweet spot surfing. I have a 2000 Malibu Sportster LX. I am using a 1500lbs fat seat in the back of the boat not totaly filled. the wake is ok sized and feels firm. I have spent many hours trying diffrent feet positions and diffrents speeds. do I need more volume to my wake or what do i need could some one please help. I realy enjoy surfing but i have not yet been able to let go of the rope. i am also using a wake surf rope and have tryed all the offs on it. """HELP""" here are some pics of me and my friend surfing
bigsmity6969

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: here are more pics Reply with quote

more pics of my friend
re re
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need more wake, I think. That will make it much easier. Fill that fat seat up, and see if you can get more weight on your riding side.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first picture you need to be closer to the boat.
2-4 picture your boat is weighted weird. there needs to be more weight on the surfing side the opposite side should be entirely washed out.
the speed looks pretty good but maybe just a tiny bit slower. you dont need to a big wake to wakesurf. with the 5'6" you should have no problem catching the wave. Here's what i would do. Stand with your back foot on the pads and your front foot up so far that it just starts feeling uncomfortable. now get up on the wave so you are edging into it with your toes, and then slowly apply pressure to your front foot unitl you feel the board take off or the nose goes underwater. More weight is not needed.
bigsmity6969

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Headless Chicken wrote:
first picture you need to be closer to the boat.
2-4 picture your boat is weighted weird. there needs to be more weight on the surfing side the opposite side should be entirely washed out.
the speed looks pretty good but maybe just a tiny bit slower. you dont need to a big wake to wakesurf. with the 5'6" you should have no problem catching the wave. Here's what i would do. Stand with your back foot on the pads and your front foot up so far that it just starts feeling uncomfortable. now get up on the wave so you are edging into it with your toes, and then slowly apply pressure to your front foot unitl you feel the board take off or the nose goes underwater. More weight is not needed.

I am using a fat seat in the middle of the back of the boat i dont have any side weight at all. i am going saturday i will have everyone sit on the side i am surfing. I will post and let you know thanks.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the ticket. i usually ride with two side sacs and find that if you drain the non-surfing side sack because it sinks the surfing side lower because the boat isnt balanced.
Buergday

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - lots of weight on the surf side with a speed of around 11 mph
bigsmity6969

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for helping i am hitting it on saturday. I will have everyone on the surf side and try that. i will also pick up a 300lbs water ballast. i will let you know and post some pics.
buckshot
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charlotte, NC

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really think Headless Chicken has it right. I ride left foot forward, so my right (back) foot is up against the raised pad with my toes very close to the edge of the board. Front foot is pretty far forward on the board, maybe 18" from the tip, again with toes fairly close to the edge of the board. I try to set myself up at the bottom of the wave about 2-3 feet off the swim platform. Then, as said before, start pushing down with your front foot until the board starts accelerating forward. To slow down, push down on the back foot.

That to me is the big difference between wakeboarding and wakesurfing. In wakeboarding, I think you move around more by leaning and shifting your weight. For wakesurfing, I think it's less about shifting your weight and more about really stomping down with your front to accelerate and your back foot to slow down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: