Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tower Speakers Burnt up my Head Unit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frymantcu
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Tower Speakers Burnt up my Head Unit Reply with quote

So I rush ordered my tower speakers in order to hame them for the 4th. I hooked them up and got out on the water, then an hour later I start smelling something real funny and then my stereo goes dead! So the entire weekend was spent tuneless! Crying or Very sad

So I am currently gathering all the pieces to fully replace the head unit and add an amp to power the tower speakers. My buddy knows how to install stereos, he just knows jack about boats!

Head unit: I am looking at the Clarion M455 so I can hook up my iPod. My old head unit is a Clarion, will this make a difference in the installation? Will my old wired remote still work?

Amp: RF 300 watt punch that will power my 4 kicker tower speakers.

Does anyone have any tips on finding a ground? I want to add a second battery but I think I'm going to wait till I replace my bazoka tube. any other suggests?
Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntington Beach

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invest in a ground block and ground all your electronics back to the battery.
NotTim

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Speakers at fault?? Reply with quote

I seriously doubt that your speakers burned out your head unit. Did you check the fuse in the back of the radio? It should have a small fuse in the back of the unit. Did two wires short out? You might save a buck if you check little stuff first...
frymantcu
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't ruin the speakers, I had too many with too little power. the boat has 4 stock speakers and I added 4 more.

What's a ground block, does that get installed near/around the battery?

I pulled out the head unit and it all seemed fine. Do all head units have fuses in the back?
mixelpix

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt your clarion remote will work with the M455. I just replaced my M325 with the M455. The 325 wasn't remote capabile and I didn't want just just step up to the 335. The remote for the M455 is round rather than the oval shape of the old remotes.

I'm not impressed with the Clarion stereo itself but, it is easy to swap one model for another without rewiring since the plugs are the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: