Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Future

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyler Sitzes
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Future Reply with quote

Where is this sport going? and How is it going to get there?
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really too new to tell. The big drawbacks for it have been risk and cost. In wakeboarding you can invite anyone out to give it a shot. You just thrw your board on them and let them try it. You cant just hand someone a kite and let them try it. So everyone who rides needs to be trained to do so, just like driving a car. Not everyone who is curious about the sport will want to cough up dough to be trained. I dont think I would have started wakeboarding if I had to take classes on it.

The cost has also limited the sport to those who really love it, because kites were so expensive. Any sport that plans to grow and evolve has to have a youth factor. Its the young people coming up that always push board sports. However, most kids cant afford the setup....until now. A couple of companies have dropped the old school distribution lines and gone to online direct sales. This drastically reduces the price. It not only reduces the price of new gear, but it really drops the prices in the used market. Now, for what you pay retail for a wakeboard, bindings and rope, you can get a couple of kites and all the gear.

Kiteboarding is at an exciting time. Its like wakeboarding was 7 or 8 years ago. Riders are pulling new tricks every other day and coming up with new ideas. They have alot more to work with as they have unlimited height, hangtime, and speed. They are also not limited by location or condition. This makes for alot of very different styles and lots of things to try.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
h2oslider
Criminal
Criminal

City: Austin, TX and Greneda, West Indies

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it looks like the sport is heading here. Thank goodness too, i hated showing all my buddies the ballerina days of kiting.

http://www.aclproductions.com/videos/autofocus/AF_Trailer_med.mov
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: