Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

3 of Off-Axis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PremierKid140
Criminal
Criminal

City: Georgia

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: 3 of Off-Axis Reply with quote

When im going for thr OA 360, its heelside-frontside i through it like a backroll and it pops nice and it looks right but the handle pop outa my hands. Every Time! And im thinking i might be throughing it to hard or something. What do you think?
J_DOGG
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry so much about going back roll style. start with a normal 3 and slow progress to an OAxis rotation... You just need to get comfortable with the harder pull required for an OAxis spin... It will come with repetition...

You could try to place the handle more at the small of your back at the peak of your jump also. Pull hard to get it there....

PEACE

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
ty540
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best thing you can do to get the handle pass is to keep the handle very close throughout the entire trick. If you let your arm out when you initialize the spin (very common problem when learning), it's really hard to pull the handle back without messing up your rotation. Just concentrate on keeping it really close and low when you leave the wake. good luck!
Benjamin
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Palatine, IL

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't pull the handle in as your leaving the wake (or don't spin early) or the handle will be impossible to get.

Rather pop off the wake with a progressive cut, and wait until your board is completely off the wake, then do the spin and pass the handle.
PremierKid140
Criminal
Criminal

City: Georgia

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the imput ill be putting all this in play this weekend.
Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on this trick line tension is a big factor...

having too much tension on the line, usually caused by throwing the board back too hard,
will make it very difficult to get the handle pass.

having too little tension, and you might not be able to come back on axis, or you might
have slack in the line once you make the pass and get all the way back around, usually
resulting in buttchecking and popping the handle.

the key is to find just how hard to throw it to keep a good amount of tension on the line
enabling you to make a nice smooth transition with the handle.

also - confidence. if you cut in thinking you might not land it, you probably wont.

good luck

steveaz
Criminal
Criminal

City: Phoenix, AZ

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, wait, wait...I had the exact same problems you speak of. This was from trying to throw it too early. After you leave the wake (I don't let off my edge) pull hard on the handle towards your trailing thigh, this will initiate the off-axis rotation and then the rest is like a normal 3.

Here's a video of a recent one (I've just started landing them), it's not great as you don't see the approach but it may help some.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6837

Good luck,
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: