Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

need help with proper weighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sperbet
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Truckee

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: need help with proper weighting Reply with quote

I have a SS Nautique and can't seem to get the weight right for surfing. This weekend I had one vdrive sac filled all the way(500 lbs), the ski locker sac full(700lbs) and left the front sack about half full(250lbs). We weren't very successful at being able to stay on the wave once we dropped rope. I had the PP set at about 9.5-10 mph. We tried going both straight and with a turn and neither was working. Anyone with a SS or SAN have a weight set up that works really well?? I wanna get this dialed in so we can hang ten bro! Thanks guys.
pointblank12
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem in my malibu. just can't really get the weight right.
holiday13
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Flemington

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar problem here but I have a Tige' 24V, we are able to ride for a short period of time, but due to me being overweight it sucks (225lbs). My sister is 125 and she can rip. We have dual 440s in the rear areas, duel 350s in the front, then load as many people as possible in the back corner on the side of the rider. We will be adding about another 1000 pounds as well. What I do is drive till the rider is up, pass the wheel off to the lightest person in the boat and jump out on the sun deck, makes a big difference. Also what I found this past weekend is speed changes with how tight you turn the boat. It is a real fine line I found with speed and how tight I turn. Once you get it dialed in it is a blast!
miked
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: nor cal

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a dd calabria (no prevert).Last night we finally found what that boat needs.#300 in the ski locker, #800 under the back seat, #400 on the side.9.3 mph.Good surf wake.Long rides with no rope.
glsurf
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys might think I'm crazy, but put all the weight in the back corner, none in the front or anywhere else. The goal is to get as steep a wake as possible. I argued with my brother-in-law for 2 hours on this subject and we tried it every which way from Sunday except for my way. Once we did my way, I felt like I was surfing a normal day at Cocoa Beach. And I've been surfing for 18 years.
AZMXER
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Peoria,AZ

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w/ glsurf !! I have a supra 21V and we fill the back corner ( changes w/ rider ) empty the front and sit all people on one side and set perfect pass for 9.8 . We were not getting it right at first but after emptying the front sac and playing w/ speed its perfect for me. As you can see in the general forum I can ride it forever and even kill a beer bong!!! im sure every boat is gonna be different so play w/ those few variables and youll find what works best for your boat
Entrust Clothing
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Portland

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't been able to get the weight right either, i have a moomba outback, i ran 350# in the rear and 350# on the side and it wasn't quite enough, i think i'm gonna run a 540# in the rear and both 350#s on the right side
onefelipe

City: Lewisville

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys,

just learned a few weeks ago and i am hooked. here is our set up.

5'10 240lbs (riding left foot forward)
2002/2003 moomba v-drive(its a friends) with the stock sacks.
1400lbs of lead in the boat (displaced evenly) well actually 600lbs of it in the front, 300lbs in each of the rear lockers and 200 just inside the seating area under the benches.
10.5mph on the perfect pass
rope 12-15 feet from the tower
hyperlite landlock board
front bag filled, left rear bag filled(when looking at the back of the boat from behind)
one of the things that helped us the most was a guy on the lake telling us to get more weight in the front.

when we have only 3 guys in the boat we have one drive one in the left rear seat or on the swim platform(be careful on this the exhaust will kill you).

the wake is plenty big for me to drop the rope and surf as long as i want.

Sunday we took 200lbs out of the front and had 3 lady friends up front. not skinny gals but average 135-150lbs each. had the front and left rear sack filled. me 240lbs sitting on the swim platform. one dude 200lbs standing on the side and holding on to the tower and another dude about 180lbs driving.

when the rider ( about 5'10" tall) was in the hole and riding the wake cam about elbow high. it is now where hear this big when it is just the normal 3 riders but we will get it there.

I will try to get a picture this weekend.
hope it helps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: