Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tower speakers not working but only with radio.........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBudman
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Tower speakers not working but only with radio......... Reply with quote

I left this post in another section but with no responses then noticed that perhaps this would be the best local for such a post:

I just got to using my '05 X2 over the weekend. Basic stock stuff. Clarion radio, Sirius, an amp (I'm presuming for the tower speakers). Here's my situation....the tower speakers only work when I have the radio on and not for the CD, Sirius, or AUX input (iPod). I checked connections and they all seem norm. However, I'm no expert. There has to be some button that I am missing? Read through the manual and nothing. Noticed some settings that can be made for a subwoofer Low Pass Frequency or something like that. But no Sub on my boat. Online I read the Amp manual and noticed the remote-input connection. That looks to be correct.

I have not yet tried the "reset" button that I noticed last night in the online manual. Would that set it to work? Will have to find out when out at cottage next time. But is there something else that I can be missing???

Thanks for any help....
Brad
bpetitpren@petitpren.com

joedirt00
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Baker City

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your head unit probably has a amp remote lead and a power antenna lead. I bet your amp is hooked up to the power antenna. That lead only comes on when with the radio so your antenna stays down when listening to other sources, so its only kicking on the amp when you turn the radio on.

Edit: I just saw your post in the other forum. Hope they are sounding good. Cool

-If you grab a girls hair, and it comes off in your hand, don't laugh, that could have been the best sex ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: