Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Where to attach line?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bulldogging

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Where to attach line? Reply with quote

Me and some friends are going to try wakeboarding, my boat is far...heh..from Ideal, but hey its free and its great for fishing.

Its a 14' fiberglass boat

Where should we attach the line? Should we get one of the "Skylon the Pod pylon" things? Or will that be too high of an attachment point for this light boat?

If we really get into it ill get a better wakeboarding boat, but for now Id like to try it out and have some fun with what we have.

Thanks guys. Can't find my camera but this is the same model and size as mine, its just not mine.
vawakemonster
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: fredericksburg

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode behind a small 15 foot mckee craft a few weekends ago, not the same but similar and what we had was shaped like a vee it was a rope that we tied on to the trailer strap mounts. and then ther was a lil plastic dingleberry that had a pully on one side and a caribeaner for the rope on the other...i tried to illustrate:

K-dub wrote:
......hell, even borrowing your mom's lotion and rubbing one out would be a good idea to pass some time.
matt1808
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could get a ski harness like vawakemonster, suggested or you could get a ski pylon. You don't have to have a extended pylon or a tower they just make it easier. For beginners they aren't necessary though. Also If you aren't planing on keeping the boat very long it would be better to wait and put a tower on your next boat.
Bulldogging

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys we will start off with a basic setup like that, and I'll just get a tower on whatever boat I buy next.

Some people have told me that the bass boat is too light and will get pulled around, but ive seen guys wakeboarding behind jetskis. My boat weighs at least as much as a jetski.
matt1808
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will get pulled to the side some but that isn't anything to worry about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: