Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Four more months?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AOliver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Four more months?! Reply with quote

I live in east Tennessee and can't wait to for snowboarding season (although right now I can't complain- the lake is beautiful)! Fortunately we have Ober Gatlinburg which is a short drive from where I live, but unfortunately the place sucks Rolling Eyes ! Since snowboarding season is just four months away, I want to already have a mountain in mind. The best place semi-close to us is Snowshoe, WV. Other than that there is Sugar and Beech in NC. They're both OK, but is there anywhere that is worth looking at thats in the Southeast or would it be better to save up for somewhere out west? I would love to go back to Breckenridge or the Canyons (both unbelievable), but my dream mountain is Tahoe Wink !
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say save up. Tahoe is sick!
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOliver Tahoe is a lake/region. There are several great resorts along with some tourist traps. Do some research, you won't be dissapointed. My preference is Kirkwood, it's a half hour from the lake but that drive keeps a lot of people away. Some other notables are Squaw Valley, Sugar Bowl, Northstar, and Alpine Meadows.

Comparing it to Utah is tough though, Utah snow is significantly better than the Seirra Cement. If you like the Canyons, check out Brighton and Snowbird. I was there last winter and hit all three, I would say that all are equal for different reasons.

AOliver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our family is deciding whether or not to go to the Canyons again or try out Snowbird. Personally I would love to try out Snowbird to see what all the buzz is about. Unfortunately we wouldn't make more than one trip out west though, so I need to find somewhere else in the southeast to regular... (has anyone ever been to Showshoe, WV?)

Last edited by AOliver on Jul 03, 2005 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canyons has more variety of terrain than snowbird including sick tree riding. Snowbird is the legendary steep and deep if there is pow, otherwise it is steep and mogul city. Snowbird is also a much more advanced mtn per se, w/o real easy ways down. If you're not a strong rider you will get your ass kicked there.
AOliver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Dutton, thanks for the advice! I am still trying to convince my dad into Tahoe... Wink Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: