Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

You guys been getting out?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: You guys been getting out? Reply with quote

You guys been getting out? I went out Sunday for a while, and will be out riding today. The lakes here are pretty choppy, so Im fiending for some flat water fun.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
tommyadrian5
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 20, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leaving work in a few minutes, we got a steady 20 knots blowing

got out yesterday on my 17 and skimboard in 10 knots
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer is starting and we are getting out less and less. Hope to hit the coast soon for some riding. you guys been getting out?

Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntington Beach

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish. Left my primary bar on the beach last time I went out. Have a pulley bar but somehow its only been blowing on days that I work. Figures. I haven't been on the water in the past 5 weeks!! Man I hate June in California.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling. I have 2 bars, one 4 line for most my kites, and a 5 line for my BFK. I was out on 11m 2 weeks ago and split my powerlock in half. This separates the chickenloop line from the bar completely. I had to ride in like that. Now if it blows hard, Im SOL....unless I rerig my 5 line bar for 4.

Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just add a 5th line to your other kites. That's what I did. Actually I was testing out the system when I left the bar at the beach. Total cost to set up 5th line on all my kites + 2 bars was about $45. I'm supposed to meet up with a guy tomorrow that's selling a naish bar so I'll have to do it all over again Rolling Eyes
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done that to my 16m, but the other kites are older and dont have a pump leash. Are you using the pump leash on all your other kites?

Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No only my 16m V4 has the pump leash. On the others I just loop around the center strut. I was a bit nervous about doing this but read online that people have been doing it for mulitiple seasons with no additional wear on the kite. So far mines holding up great.

Finally got out yesterday. Blowing 22-26 or so on my 16, damn I was lit. Really good day though, wind was super steady. Spent half the day working on my front rolls and trying to get my backroll to revert down. Never did get it but I did manage to eat it hard many times and swallow a few gallons of sea water. Never crashed the kite though so that was nice. Rest of the day I spent in the surf getting a few real nice hits off the lip and some pretty good rides considering the small surf. Hey are there alot of crabs where you ride in Tx?

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Glad you got out. We have some crabs in the shallows on the coast, but not too bad. You trying your tricks unhooked? r2r is much easier unhooked.

Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly I'm doing stuff unhooked but the other day I couldn't cuz the new bar was setup poorly by the previous owner. When tuned for minimum power the wingtips were parallel with the bar pulled halfway in on the chicken loop. That was probably part of my problem. I've been forcing myself to do everything unhooked this season so it feels weird trying to throw something hooked in. The final twist kept screwing me up, I kept under-rotating it from the pull on the harness or dropping the nose too much and catching chop.

Bar is fixed now though and I rigged up the 5th line again. Hey any idea if there's a problem using a 5th line on a pulley bar? I just got a Best PB and haven't tried it out. I setup the 5th on it but I'm definately gonna test it out before I try using it in real wind.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard people doing it no problem.Ive wondered the same thing since as the pulley moves side to side, tyou would think it would pull tension on the 5th. I dont have a pulley yet so maybe the pulley maintains the same distance through its entire ride path.

Wallrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed to me that the distance of the pulley to the center of the bar seemed consistant at any angle which led me to believe that it shouldn't be a problem. Dunno, have to wait for a day off to try it out.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Wilmington, Delaware

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: You guys been getting out? Reply with quote

jason_ssr wrote:
You guys been getting out? I went out Sunday for a while, and will be out riding today. The lakes here are pretty choppy, so Im fiending for some flat water fun.

NO. I got sick a few weeks ago, and my doc does not want me to get into the water for another 2 weeks or so. This is killing me. No wakeskating or kiting.

I can't believe how hard it is not getting in the water. Even my wife is getting sick of seeing me around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: