Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

My Opinion of the 313 shoe....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: My Opinion of the 313 shoe.... Reply with quote

well, remember how i said i won them, well i have been riding with them, they are AWSOME, that review that they had....there better then that, IMO, they are easy to swim with, light, drain pretty well, really compfy, and ya know how they said the sole comes out when there wet and you take your feet out...no, atleast it hasnt been happening to me yet, i give them a 15 out of 10, there pretty great, i love them, i strongly suggest them, if you have the money to dish out for them
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're lucky you've won them Razz I wish I could buy a pair, then again my Reef Byerly's are holding up quite well. Then again a spare would be nice, especially since today I only brought one shoe...

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.

Last edited by DockSecret on Apr 04, 2003 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, one shoe, i was going to eventually buy the reef byerlys too, then i won them, i wouldnt spend a $100.00 on a pair of shoes that are just going to get messed up from the water and stuff, but they are awsome, im glad i got them
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i was styling, like Michael Jackson and his one glove, except one foot felt the wrath of grip tape and the other one didn't Smile The other half of the time I was rocking w/ one of Matt's shoes, so I looked really funny with a size 11 and a size 8.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ok, lol, i have done that before, so i just wakeboarded instead, and didnt wakeskate that day
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a wakeboard, yet anyways, just one more week Razz So I was kinda at a standstill, just rode a friends board, but his bindings are XL, and my binding size is medium Wink. So yeah, I stuck to wakeskating.

www.texasskiranch.com

west coast boarder
Addict
Addict

City: Nor Cal

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now I just have an old set of shoes that I drilled holes in the bottom of. they don't really drain that well so i'm looking to buy some new shoes for wakeskating. Thanks for the review wakegurl. Maybe i'll get a set of those.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem.....damn, i chinxed it, right after i said the soles dont come out, one starts to, on one of them its coming out, but not much, its easily fixed, but might be a pain, but that doesnt matter at all when chosing shoes, im sure that might happen to others as well
west coast boarder
Addict
Addict

City: Nor Cal

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if that does happen it wont matter to me because the shoes I'm using now really suck.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ok, ya, the shoes you use arnt that big a deal, these are just nice, and light, very expensive also, i dont think i would ever pay that amount for a pair of shoes for wakeskating, thats just too much, but i got them off a ocntest so i got them, but there great, atleast there not a really bad shoe for the much, there a good shoe, just kinda pricey... i guess its all up to the person buying them
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pay that much for a good pair of shoes, it's kinda like bindings if you think about it. Top of the line wakeskate plus top of the line wakeskate shoes is still about half the price of a top of the line wakeboard. Only if those shoes could tell you before you leave your place, "Hey, theres two of us, don't leave one of us at home." =P Yeah...one shoe sucks if you have a grip tape board Smile

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha lol, thats funny, i have a board bag, so i usually make sure i have everything in it before i leave to ride.....i still dont know if i would spend that much money on them, im more a wakeboarder, just wakeskate alot, but these shoes are pretty great, although i havnt tried any of the others, so i cant compare...i have foam, i dont like grip tape just for that reason
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cassette bag for my board though, I just...was really excited about riding and kinda rushed and forgot a shoe... I'm going to have to by myself these 313 shoes to feel the difference between them and my Byerly's, seems like the 313 shoes look more durable on a grip tape board, I dunno.

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, they might be, i have foam, so they will probably last a while, they have that shoe sock thing also, that keeps some sand and rocks out, i had that problem, but all n all, i approve of them Wink
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Josh Potter said, "He rolls up in Lexus w/ and gets out of the car w/ only one shoe on."

Hrmm...being cable that would be nice, since I get sands and rocks in them ALL the time, everyday after the shoes dry out I can kinda beat my byerly onto something and sands/rocks will fall out of them. But I do like the fact that the Byerly's look better in my opinion and I actually know quite a few people who wear them for non wakeskating purposes, just not skateboarding =P

www.texasskiranch.com

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, i think they look ALOT better when acually seeing them, then in the pics of them, i thought the byerlys were better looking to, till i saw these in person
Blabelmooch
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ride the "Bling" shoes all weekend. I've only worn them a few times and they are pretty stiff. The features are great but I think the shoe needs to be broken in more.
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x:
hey i think it is spelt jinxed(or something like that) not "chinxed". Laughing

btw what color did they send you? the white ones look good from the pictures and the black ones seem to be kind of ugly. and then in one of the wakeboardingmags in the ad for the blings there is a picture of the botttom of the shoe and the sides are green and from that picture the green ones might be pretty cool but i havn't seen that color anywhere else.
Blabelmooch
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sent the black ones and I think they are hideous. Of course that is just personal opinion though. Look for a review on wakeworld.com soon.
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Docksecret, How do you like the Byerly's? I was thinking of getting them because I have started to wakeskate more now and I would like a shoe that I can also wear around w/o socks that don't make my feet so damn sweaty. Evil or Very Mad

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
Jaybird

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bling shoes are not bad and have some nice features, but they need to redesign that sole. it's too slippery on grip tape. the byerly shoes stick way better to grip tape. overall i like the bling shoes as far as comfort and support but the soles are jagged kinda like this (V^V^V^V), probably to help with the draining of water. they need to make it have more flat (___^___) spots so that the sole contacts the board more. if they did that, the shoe would be great. hope those pictuers make sense.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx David, i wasnt sure how to spell it...i think there fine for grip, but then again my wakeskate has a foam top, and the soles come out a littel but overall there awsome, but i have nothing to compare them to, so sry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: