Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

NEW BOTTOM TO HYPERLITE BOARDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like it or not
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not unreasonale to want a new board when your breaks on a slider. If a small company such as Origin can put the R&D into making a board that hold up on sliders and kickers, shouldn't a big company such as Hyperlite or Liquid be able to do the same? There is a bog difference in a hyperlite/Lf/Obrien that has been hitting sliders and kickers than an Origin. The Origin is structurally sound and not delaming... the others are not doing so well. I think Origin just went about building and desinging their boards from the wakeboarder prosective and built them to last.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Smat
Criminal
Criminal

City: Georgia

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to bad you forgot you ride a premier and you go so big your to afraid to step up to what what division oh ya expert bc you like sandbagging in advanced. you are gay whacker you give wakeboarders a bad name you best run on before i call the GBI on yo butt
bigrigdriver

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Weedwacker, you better lay off SMAT. I have no problem comming down to your crib and knocking your little punk ass out. By the way, there is no way that you get over 5 feet of pop off the wakes from cutting in form only six feet because everyone knows that you are a little biatch. Don't sing it, bring it.
Sam Snead
Criminal
Criminal

City: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smat, your a moron. You probably can't even get up on a wakeboard. Your probably some kid who has big hair and goes out on the lake, so that makes you the next Parks. moron.

Weed Wacker,

http://www.wakeboardcarolinas.com/
http://www.wakeboardatlanta.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Adam Greer
Addict
Addict

City: Camden, SC (clemson, SC during school)

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told hyperlite warantied jib base on sliders (dna and biolite). If you snap it in half they can't do anything. But for chunks and delamintaion they are supposed to fix it.
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to hear that.... I know that I would be pissed off if I was the one trying it with a DNA and it was NOT covered.

Brian PLEMONS

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow so this got off topic
fifeman
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly is the jib base and what does it help
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: anytown, usa

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weedwacker,
Dude, you don't know what's up. I said that some people couldn't ride that style of board, not everyone. And clearly you aren't everyone, so we're very proud of ya. Again, it's just personal preference and you talking about how good you are really doesn't prove anything about the wakeboarding population in general and what boards people can and cannot ride.

as for origin, there was a rumor that they went bankrupt and they were bought by joyride. If that's the case, that shows you how far replacing everything and not drawing a line with a warranty will take you. Honestly, I dont see a completely indestructable board being made. Yes, the life of the board can be extended but after all of the stress it goes through, at some point it has to give.

I think that the bases should be made so that the rider could fix it themselves like a snowboard and ptex, rather than having to send the board to the manufacturer. Origin might have done that, but I'm not sure. at any rate, I feel that it is a feature worth striving for (again, much like a snowboard).

B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that rumor was started was because Origin pressed and made the boards for Joyride this year. Joyride is supposed to have started some R&D for the new year on next years boards. They are going to start making them themselves. The owner of Origin lives here in Austin, an lake Austin actually. I know for a fact they have not gone bankrupt. They have the new 03' boards out and still continue to sponsor riders. The boards seem to be industrucible, I know it can be broken, I have yet to see it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: