Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ordered a Monster Tower, couple of questions....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fast351
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Dayton, MN

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Ordered a Monster Tower, couple of questions.... Reply with quote

One, my wakeboard rack is backordered apparently. Any idea when they'll be in?

Second, mounting. I have a new Glastron (2004 SX195). Has anyone put a tower on a Glastron of recent vintage that can tell me about the thickness of the fiberglass? I will probably reenforce it regardless, but I'd like to know in advance if I NEED to or if it's just a feelgood measure.

On the mounting subject, I can mount the feet either on a horizontal surface or a vertical surface:

The horizontal surfaces are flatter, and at least on the rear mount, would be supported by vertical fiberglass on both sides, but I guess I don't know for sure. The other problem is I want to add a bimini top eventually and I know that the windshield frame might get in the way if I mount the rear on the horizontal surface.

Just looking for some opinions....

-Mike
pointblank12
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked at Monster towers pictures on their website? thats how i decided to locate my tower on my malibu. as for your racks..who knows. we got ours rite away.
dirtysparks
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definetly mount the feet on the top as opposed to the side. On my bayliner the fiberglass on top was too thick and I had to get longer screws, but on the sides it was paper thin. Also if you mount to the top you don't have any weird tweaking that you may get on the sides.

On a side note, where are you from? That boat and background look very familiar....
Fishmaster
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preread the manual before starting but in general locate the rear bases so you like how the tower folds down than locate the front where you like the look and you have a good sound place to mount that is clear underneath.

For the bimini you need at least 2" away from the windshield (from the rear leg) at 2" above the bottom weld on the rear leg. If your adding the bimini dont get to far behind the seat for the rear base mounting to ensure you'll have good shade for the driver.

410fortune
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Morrison

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed mine with the monster paws on the rounded surface, not in the red circle, the fiberglass was thick enough for the mosnter paws in this area on my 01 Bayliner. Was thinking eactly like you but for visability, canvas covers, docking, and people riding onthe bow the location I used worked best.

The instructions are very good and you will spend alot of time just moving it around and finding the best spot.

The local ski shop tower installer guy (who rides and installs many Monster towers a week) suggested I go with the 60" distance between front and rear mounts, I did and it came out perfect.

the Monstertower website and pictures were a great resource, I found LOTS of boats similar to mine, it jsut takes careful planning, you want to look at alot of things, tower side and front profiles, driver visability, canvas and bimi top, riders, cup holders, tying up to other boats, docks, etc etc all come into play when planning the monster paw locations...

[/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: