Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Glovebox question on a Brendella

View previous topic :: View next topic  
t500

City: NW suburbs of Chicago

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Glovebox question on a Brendella Reply with quote

I picked upa Brendella Shortline Comp a few weeks ago. I plan on putting a stereo in the glovebox, but the latch is missing on the glovebox cover.

Can anyone send me a picture of what the latch should look like? All that is left is the cover and a knob with a square shaft with no fitting on it. Or if anyone has any idea for a better replacement i would love to hear it. My goal is make the cover as waterproof as possible and keep it from looking like a home depot hack job.

thanks for any help,
tbrock
Ladythump
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lake St. Louis

PostPosted: May 17, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get you a pic of my Brendella glove box. Welcome to the Brendella family. You don't have a hole in the dash for the stereo?
t500

PostPosted: May 17, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. My 1990 is a bit ghetto with a lot of hours, but so far it runs great and the price was right.

A close-up picture of the glovebox would be perfect. There isn't a hole in the dash for the stereo, and the previous owner cut a hole in the back of the glovebox to mount the stereo. With the way this boat likes to take water over the nose if you aren't paying attention (especially when i am not driving) having the stereo in a waterproof glovebox seems like a good idea.

What sort of weight are you running in your brendella? i am planning on picking up a couple of 300 lb side sacs and see how that works. The freeboard on this boat is so small it makes me a bit nervous to really load up the back seat with weight.

Also, are you using a four blade prop? I have a OJ 3-blade 13x13 on it now, and don't have a spare. I'll probably end up buying a four blade when i get a spare, but i'm still looking for one cheaper than $350+. My guess is i'll probably need it with the extra weight
Ladythump
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 18, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours is a 94 Pro Comp with 1145 hrs on it.

We haven't run any weight in the Brendella yet but we picked up a 500# sack that I am just going to throw in the back. I was told by another guy who had a Brendella that the best thing to do is to get two 300# for the side. Then about 250# in the bow and maybe some in the rear if you don't have anyone else in the boat. Trial and error. He said the wake never got huge, but got steeper. Having the two 300 sacks on the side really cuts down on room in the boat, which is why we're just going to try the one in the back. As it is, that takes up the whole back seat.

I think we have a three blade prop... not sure. I'm trying to picture it. I'll have to let you know when I take a pic of the glove box.

t500

PostPosted: May 18, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the 300lbs on each side of the motor would be a good place to start. The will take up quite a bit of room, but the ones i ordered at the 16"x16"x30" so i am hoping they will leave enough room in the boat compared to the 48"+ length sizes. And my Shortline is at least a foot shorter than your Pro Comp, the boat is really cramped with four or more people in it.

1154 hours on your boat? You easily have the 962 hours on my boat beat.
Ladythump
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 18, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few guys, either on this board or on wakeworld who have built boxes to go over the sacks on the side. Puts more room back in the boat cause you can have people sit on them, but you have to step over them.
Krown77
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Haliburton

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bust out the duct tape-- best latch ever
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wawakechic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t500, I have a '95 Shortline Comp. My glovebox is definately not waterproof. I have a fat chair that we fill about 2/3 full, so around 800 lbs. Then I added a 250# sack under the bow.

Watch that bow, it's pretty low and easily takes on a wave if you aren't paying attention.
Ladythump
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some pics of the glove box but its hard to tell what they are.
t500

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures. What remains of the latch on the glovebox on my boat is quite a bit different. Although from the looks of it west marine has a latch that is very similar to what you have on your boat. it should probably work on my boat, now i wish i had an excuse why i didn't check west marine first.

normally it wouldn't be a big deal for get a good waterproof seal on the glovebox, but the way my boat likes to take water over the bow it would be nice to have.

thanks for your help
Ladythump
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i also bought some foam tape from home depot and put it around the edges to try and keep the water out. I've already taken a wave over the bow and it seemed to work pretty good.
Ladythump
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 26, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH yea, and our prop is only a three blade.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: