Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Monkey Bar + I/O install Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotama176
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Columbus

PostPosted: May 13, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Monkey Bar + I/O install Questions Reply with quote

I know they are not pretty, but a monkey bar is my best option right now. I was wondering if anybody else has one installed on an I/O? I have an Four Winns Horizon 180 and am in the process of purchasing one from a fellow wb.com member. However, his was mounted onto a DD so the location and mounting configuration was different. On my boat the mounting points will have to attach to the side while on the DD they sat on top of the gunnel. Plus on the backside, my Four Winns has carpet where the mounting plates will go, should I cut that back to expose the fiberglass? Any ideas or pics of installed bars would be great, thanks.
gotama176
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 19, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so I will be getting my Monkey Bar today, come on guys any suggestions? I have been reading about some of the tower mounts, putting the tape down on the fiberglass, measuring 50 times, 1/2" bit in reverse (to start or for longer?). I am still unsure about locating the tower and what to do with the carpet that is on the backside of the gunnel.
harenheadpaul
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Hunterdon County

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a joystick roll bar on a crownline which is similar but not exactly like the monkey bar, i would move the carpet is some way when mounting so that is is on the fiberglass. the mounting points for me are on the side
Bruky

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey bars are universal. I've done an install on a similar boat. Drill, mock up, then cut carpet. Make sure you're getting the whole deal...pads and all.
gotama176
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'll be pulling that backing plate off to cut back the carpet. Bruky, I got one set of pads that go against the gel coat on the exterior, is that the only set? Also, my bow strap isn't really long enough to wrap the bow and meet above it. I had to set it up a different way. If I can get the two ends to meet, they touch right above my bow light and I am afraid of smashing it or scratching the heck out of the upper part of the bow with the caribiner.

That being said, wow, huge difference for the money. I didn't have to sacrifice any interior space and it was a super easy install. Even with my small problems it is super rigid. I would recommend it for anybody in my situation. A DD is in my future but this is great for now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: