Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Winter project '94 Nautique

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Parksville

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Winter project '94 Nautique Reply with quote

Here are some pics of my winter project.
The project included:
Installing New Dimension wakeboard tower
In-dash gauge for Perfect Pass
4 new speakers + amp
new sub + amp
defrost vent from heater
re-route other heater vents
new H.O. alternator
Perko switch + second battery
New decals for the side + heavy oxidation removal for the colored gel coat
Re-wiring all my accessories properly (The boat had some major issues when I bought it, including the stereo cutting out every time I turned the heater on!)

The main requirement I had for the stereo portion of the project is that I didn't want to loose much (or any) storage space from the bow.
In order to fit the sub box in front of the drivers feet, I had to re-route the steering cable and a bunch of wiring. I also had to re-route my heater ducting for the drivers vent, and re-position the front speaker.
Lots of fun hours out int the garage this winter, but this weekend it will finally get wet!

B
bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more!
bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last ones for now!
Forgot to thank everyone here for their ideas and great posts. I wouldn't have got far without all the ideas I've seen here.
Mojo
Criminal
Criminal

City: Arlington

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet !

Tower looks great ! I looked longer for my tower than I did for the boat.

Here is my '94.

Now to figure out how to add a ballast system!!!

Smile

bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo,
The guy that I ski with has the twin to your boat (no tower though). Must have been a popular color combo in '94! Tower looks great too. What kind is it?

The other thing that I did this fall was to wire my perfect pass to my keyed power, rather than an accessory switch. That freed up an accessory switch for me to wire a second cigarette lighter plug in the back of the boat for filling sacks with.

I've got 1 500lb sack, and about 400lbs lead bricks that fit nicely in the bow or under the back seats. I'm toying with the idea of running side sacks too now that the boards will be out of the boat on racks.

I'm also looking forward to being able to use the back seat when we are boarding now with the tower!

B
wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bradb,

Tore her dear a$$ apart didn't ya...looks good!

Wes

bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes,
I like a good project!
I forgot a few more things... Sand down and re-oil the swim grid, and there is one gel coat chip I'd like to get to before I put her in the water for the summer.
Next year I'll be replacing the rest of the uphostery and maybe the carpet!
B
Beaver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradb, Looks good. Do you ride at Horn?
molypod
Criminal
Criminal

City: Chilliwack

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job!
How long have you had the boat?
bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beaver,
I sometimes volunteer and do some coaching with the club out at horn, but I've only had my boat out there once. I leave it out at sproat for the season at a friends house.

Molypod,
I've had the boat since 2000, but this was the first year that I had a garage to store it in over the winter. It was great to finally get a chance to do some of the projects that I have been wanting to do over the past few years!

Here is a pic of the first day out:
bugup
Criminal
Criminal

City: Vancouver

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradb

Nice project and great shots of the Martin Mars. I am a mainlander near Vancouver and will be hauling my boat to visit the inlaws near Duncan. I have never been to Sproat Lake before. How far/ long from Duncan? Also what is the lake like, fairly free of hazards or where could I pick up a good chart? Also any good camping at the lake?

Thanks
bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugup,
Sproat is a beautiful lake, and I highly recomend you check it out. On a good day, the water is clear enough to see the handle 75 ft down!
The public launch and provincial campground is just off the left of my pic. There are a few private campgrounds too, but I have never camped in any of them.

The water is really high right now, so there is a bit of debris that you have to keep an eye out for. As the water drops, it will clear off again.
There are a couple of well marked shallow spots around the island where the 4 arms of the lake come together (big red and green bouys! Cant miss 'em!) and another way down taylor arm. Everything is really well marked though.

It is a bit of a drive from dunkan (probably a 2.5 hour drive pulling a boat), but it is worth the trip. Lots of little bays and you can always find somewhere flat to board.
If you want any more info, drop me a PM.
B
Beaver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugup, sproat is my favorite lake. There is always butter somewhere. I was up there May long weekend and there were lots of stumps floating around but when the water drops they wash up.

bradb, Ya my friends dad owns the ski club on Horn or at least used to. They have a Malibu Response not sure if you know them Brent Anderson. I ride at Horn when i stay at my friends or comps but i ride at sproat lots. Where do you ride at sproat because i saw a boat that looks like yours on May long weekend heading from the club going towards the islands near the entrance to Taylor arm and 2 rivers arm. We usually ride in the islands when its rough or over on 2 rivers and there is lots of butter there and it is where we camp.
bradb
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beaver,
Ya, I know the andersons well. I havent skied with them this year yet though.

We are out at sproat most weekday mornings, skiing from my budys dock around the fish&duck pub. Most tuesday/thursday nights you can find us boarding either in the islands or at the end of two rivers. Wherever we can find some glass.
On the weekends, we just head out and cruise around.
Flag us down some time if you need a pull!
B
Beaver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradb, Ya the andersons are good people and good skiers, ive been friends with his son Tanner since kindergarton and i used to live in Parksville and I have taken Tanner out wakeboarding many times and he loves it but his dads not into the wakeboarding thing. I have hard Tanner mention the name Brad befor with a Natique so im guessing thats you. Thanks for the offer if i see ya guys i will take advantage of it. Were usually up long weekends and just weekends unless dad has holidays. See ya around and nice job on the boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: