Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Poser or not
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fav Brand
Burton
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Millenium Three
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
K2
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Dragon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
oakley
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
American Eagle
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Sessions
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Volcom
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Other ( specify )
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

Scott Jones
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pullman or Vancouver

PostPosted: May 03, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be for a brand new 04. Andromeda quit pressing boards for the 04 season. They're just trying to get rid of those boards. Haha, I dunno, there's plenty of boards left, I just don't know if anyone will buy 04 boards anymore. It's a good shape and pattern and everything, just doesn't have the 06 name attached to it. We will probably just end up riding the leftovers haha. Hit me up anyways...
Buergday

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SESSIONS for sure. They started up way back in like 82 or 83 with a skate shop in a small shopping center on the corner of Sunnyvale-Saratoga Rd. and Fremont Ave., in Sunnyvale, CA. I grew up about a block from the shop and bought all of my gear from them - skateboards, snowboards, shoes, clothes, etc. They'd bring in all of the top riders for autograph sessions and demos in the parking lot. I met Steve Cabalero, Lance Mountain, Christian Hosoi and a few other guys there, back in the mid/late 80's. I think a few of the guys who worked in the shop went pro too, but I can't be sure. The shop was always a mess, covered in stickers and posters, but it was a good vibe - like walking into the garage of a true skate enthusiast. They closed up shop about 4 or 5 years ago, once the clothing line became mainstream. But I still wear their stuff because I feel like I owe them a debt of gratitude for supporting such a strong skate scene in my home town through the years. They even sponsored my little league team way back in '83. I've got a team picture of my "clinic" (pee-wee t-ball) team, with a banner in the background that says "Sponsored by SESSIONS Skateboard Shop", with their logo of the guy doing a handplant. So, I guess I could say that I used to be sponsored by SESSIONS! Laughing
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Clarendon Hills

PostPosted: May 04, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Jones, why did they stop?? i heard they were sick!
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pullman or Vancouver

PostPosted: May 05, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are sick, present tense, but it was just money problems. The first year they pressed boards they were unlucky and had a bad factory, so the boards weren't very good. That gave them sort of a board rep. They switched factories and pressed great boards, but that initial rep stuck with them, so not many people were interested. Then it just got to be too much work for the guys involved, and JJ shut it down. Theres an interview floating around somewhere, just search for andromeda snowboards on google, you can find it.
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 05, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill check it out. well i might still be interested sometime cause 2004 or 2006 $200 is a still if they are as good as u say they are
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 08, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northwest rider thats not what i meant. his poll only has 1 real snowboard company on it - burton. the other companies i named ARE REAL snowboard companies. thats why i listed them. in stead he has oakley as a brand youd support to show you weren't a poser?

i'd walk into this kids house with my forum hoodie and he wouldn't know wtf that company did, but walk in with oakleys on and - obviously a snowboarder right?
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 08, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Method9455, its too bad 4 star is now owned by burton. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: