Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Single NVS Entity 808&place in ontario to get tower spea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svfara_Matt

City: Toronto/Haliburton

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Single NVS Entity 808&place in ontario to get tower spea Reply with quote

How many people are using a single 808 I am planing on getting some tower speakers but still not sure what to get. I only really would like to spend around 500. but I would spend the extra if a single 808 is worth it. also anyone in ontario know where I can get tower speakers locally? or a place in canada that I can order them from. it's just ordering them from the states you have to pay so much duty and stuff. I know I can't get the 808 here in canada but other tower speakers and not th rosewells cause they are so expensive.
D-GOOSE
Addict
Addict

City: Antelope

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do a pair of 808 go for. I have heared 1800k
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svfara_Matt, a single 808 is going to project sound further and cleaner than any $500 set of automotive grade 6.5's in aluminum cans (given it is powered properly).

You can get the 808, you just have to order it. Contact nvsairwarrior@yahoo.com (DUANE) for more info and possible shipment to Canada.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-GOOSE, $1595

Svfara_Matt

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one 808 would be better than a set of like fusion or somthing. I guess if I am really not happy with the volume of it I can get another one. I just don't want to spend the money for 2 of them right now. what kind of amp like power wise do people use for powering them?
Svfara_Matt

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also wondering how loud are tower speakers when you are a passenger in the boat? like is it too loud in the boat for the passengers and drivers? or becasue the speakers are up on the tower and projecting the sound farther is it not a problem?
N8
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: SLO county

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat with you Svfara_Matt, let me know what you ended up doing in the end.
anyone have the answer to what amp you guys are using for the 808's? Thanks

Cbrown
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Memphis

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best amp is probably the PPI 4125. Others have run a zapco and phoenix gold but they need a lot of power and clean power at that. Typically people are running a four channel amp bridged to two so that it is at the 4 ohm load of the NVSs. I am sure Duane will pipe in with the best advice but this is what I have seen so far.
NVSAirWarrior
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Disco Bay, Cali Delta

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Single NVS Entity 808 MSRP's at $895US
A pair is $1595US
The PPI PCX4125 has proven to be an excellent choice for a pair of Entity's, either the 808's or the 1010's. Or, I can package a Zapco Reference amp if you prefer.
I've run PG's and RF's as well all with good results.

Amp Rqrmnts:
you should have some 350-450/450-550 at 4 ohms per Entity 808/1010, several to choose from.

Another option in the NVS line is the new Addiction series.
A pair with a Zapco Reference amp is $1544US

Good luck
acurtis_ttu
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through the same thing last December. I was looking into buying just one 1010. I was trying to find someone to split the pair with me. Never could find anyone and it was a better deal to just by the pair. I had one up on my tower for a while and decided to put the other up after a few weeks. I have one amp per module with separate remote controls to turn the amps on/off. I have run for half a day with one module off and never really noticed much of a difference. But behind the boat, riding, you can tell, when I flipped the switch to the second module. I asked Duane about how much sound one 1010 accounted for, he said 75%...he's probably dead on with that number. It's not like having the pair will double your sound. You'll be happy with one….but give it 6 months and you'll wish you had the pair. If I were you save some more or use the credit card and spring for the pair.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svfara_Matt, I would say it will win the sound projection and clarity race every time.

I will say what I have been saying:

BEST PRO AUDIO: NVS
BEST CAR AUDIO: FUSION

Fusion makes it's car audio competitors look bad IMO, but hey, that is what happens when you kick it up an notch and use Diamond Audio components.

Also, I think it needs to be said that comparing NVS to FUSION is comparing apples to oranges. I would never, ever compare PRO audio equipment to CAR audio equipment.

Ex: If I take the best car audio setup, and park it in the center of a concert hall, the concert hall will drown out the car system every time. The concert hall was designed to project sound throughout a large space, whereas the car audio setup was only designed to project sound in a tiny area ~ the interior of a car.

Sorry for the "lesson" but I really think this needed to be said, and I really think everyone ought not compare PRO and CAR audio equipment. Wink

AndyDeeJay
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Belfast

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding a second speaker and amp doubles the power. Physics states this represents a 3dB increase. It requires a 10dB increase in power to double the output volume level.

You need 10 times the power to double the output volume.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: