Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ebay spectra core ropes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattroth54

City: Plainfield

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Ebay spectra core ropes Reply with quote

What do you think about the spectra core ropes that sell on ebay for about $25 dollars? How are they different than the 80-100 dollar lines I see elsewhere?
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're most likely just crappy ski lines claiming to be 'low stretch'. Get the proper equipment if you want to wakeboard properly. Using a ski rope is like trying to play soccer with a football.
mattroth54

City: Plainfield

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought, ontrider. A deal too good to be true probably is. Anyway, here's a link to what I saw on ebay; this guy seems to have many of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74048&item=7149686108&rd=1
Scott M
Criminal
Criminal

City: Acton, ME

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those red ones dont seem like they would be too bad, they look really thin like the shoelace kind that accurate or straight line makes

I bought one of these the other day, it should be perfect and its a good deal, ill get it on wensday so ill let you know how it is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74048&item=7149341144&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

ttuclint
Addict
Addict

City: Lubbock, TX

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have that exact rope Scott M, posted and its great. there were a ton of them on ebay at the end of last summer for 3 for 100 dollars.
89 skier
Addict
Addict

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott M & ttuclint, I bought that exact rope last year and I'm not happy with it at all. I think it's an imitation of the Blue Blazer Mainline because the pictures I've seen of the Blue Blazer actually have black in the color of the rope.

The first set with that rope, one of the loops on the extensions broke. So we had to tie a few knots in the rope at the loops to keep them from ripping out. Also, that rope has really never rolled up nicely to where we didn't have problems with it getting into knots when the rider was ready to go.
So needless to say I wouldn't purchase another one. Although it's good enough for an extra rope in the boat, should you need another.

This is the one I bought this year and it's been great so far. Perfect rope.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23807&item=7149128265&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

boarditup
Addict
Addict

City: Allendale, MI

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of junk on e-bay. Look for an established dealer with brand name stuff. For $100 I have a line and handle combo from Fly High. Very solid, good equipment at a decent price. Not cut rate, I use it myself and I have the choice of anything on the market as a dealer. www.boarditup.com

www.boarditup.com
www.placidwaters.com
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want eBay and cheap, try to find the "Bullet" spectra lines. Hopefully they still sell them there.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
gus_jd
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of the three-for-$100 deals last year. One of the ropes is a legit blue blazer, the other two are imitations. As soon as I got them, I e-mailed the seller asking for two more that were legit, and they wouldn't do it. There is a slight difference in the rope material, but I can't perceive any stretch in any of them. We had one of the extensions break too, and I e-mailed the seller and they sent me another fakie. It's a good deal regardless, just know what you are getting.
ttuclint
Addict
Addict

City: Lubbock, TX

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

89 skier - my take on those ropes is that whoever was selling those was able to buy out some closeout stock directly from straightline that was being discontinued. That pic is of a more current "blue blazer". He got a certain number of shrinkwraps that said blue blazer on them, but he had to buy extra shrink wraps that did not say blue blazer on them. The 3 that I got were all exactly the same except for the shrink wraps.

So whoever was selling these made them himself, and they are technically straightline blue blazer ropes, but they were not made by straightline.
89 skier
Addict
Addict

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttuclint, That's weird. Good way to make some extra cash.
Although my rope didn't have any markings on it at all. But I did email the guy and he sent me a new 10' extension to replace the one that broke.

jabilitation

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy of mine got one of the bullet cable lines last year. It's a good line, no stretch and doesn't tangle. Just make sure you really look into what your buyin and whose selling. But that's a given with Ebay.
harenheadpaul
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Hunterdon County

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the bullet lines just as good as the accurate lines? and does anybody think its wrong if i was to look at someone who is selling these lines history, found someone who bought one, and emailed them asking how they liked it? i am just trying to find feedback on these ropes from as many people as possible
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harenheadpaul, Bullet lines are mfg'ed by the same people who make Accurate. Hold them side by side, you won't be able to tell the difference - no joke.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
wawakechic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harenheadpaul, I bought one of the bullet lines. It's no stretch and I really like the handle. It doesn't coil up the best, but I've never had it tangle either.
WHAT????
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Simi

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one on ebay last year from a guy who is in Brentwood,ca (norcal). It is a blueblazer, no stretch,no tangle. Great line. Recently I found a rope/handle setup that sells for around 130 floating down a river someone lost off their boat. The $20 rope is much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: