Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Illusion X Tower Speakers + Amp + Sub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YelloJello

City: San Jose

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Illusion X Tower Speakers + Amp + Sub Reply with quote

What are the options for Illusion X Tower speakers. I'd heard of the Deafcon II and Reference IV. Bulletspeakers. Home made. Have checked on malibuboatowners but might as well discuss here for more ideas.

Since we are on the subject, most people opt for the factory Sony system. I got the 6 speaker Sony with Amp.

This leaves me with the decision of tower speakers, subwoofer, and an amp(s) to power them.

As far as subs, there have been discussions between placing in driver's kickpanel or glove storage compartment. The Infiniti subwoofer with built in amp seems to be popular.

I'm really lost. Have been using JL subs in all my cars.
NVSAirWarrior
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Disco Bay, Cali Delta

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another option

[/url=http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/220152.html?1112318638]
Bruky

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVSAirWarrior, hey buddy. The 1010's are doing great! Loudest AND clearest @#$%ing sound on the lake.

YelloJello, just go NVS. If you went any other route, make sure you don't ever get a chance to listen to the NVS's, because you'll feel stupid if you ever do. Wink
Calabria man
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Fair Oaks, NOR CAL

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with a company that has been around for a while and not with a company that has been around for 3 months and made in a garage. Those NVS speakers are too damn big and you will hit your head everytime you get into your seat. Not only that, but they are really ugly.
I would go with Lightning Accessories because they are made right and they sound great. Lightning has been around for 5 years and they supply most of the Malibu dealers as well as Nautique and everybody else. Simply put, they are the best! I'm sure I'm going to catch a lot of hell for writing all this but I have seen them all and Lightning has it down. Nobody can beat their customer service as well. Go with the best!
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabria man, most of the time I agree with you, but in this case (aside for asthetics because that is an opinion matter) you are 100% incorrect.

NVS is the best (this is an indisputable fact proven by numbers), and they have been around for a while in both production and concept form.

Also, I don't know how you can beat Duane in customer service. You need help? Talk to the man himself!

Lightning products are quality, but they are the same generic cans we have all seen for years now. Time to innovate! At least Duane went down the Pro-Audio path, somewhere most didn't even bother thinking about until he went and made it happen!

Last but not least - don't knock it till you try it.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YelloJello, If NVS is a little over the top for you, here are some opinions:

I am not a fan of Skylon, but if you like, you like.

Bullet (aka Warlock's) are simply great for car-audio based speakers (Polk DB). Their install work ain't too shabby either!

I would also check in to Fusion (www.fusionwake.com) - IMO the best sound from a car-audio speaker on the market, and also IMO the most asthetically pleasing of the bunch. Fusion uses all Diamond Audio componentry, and if you happen by WSSR the NorCal rep will have his X on the water with all Fusion/Diamond Audio on board.

Even with the above said, none of them can touch NVS. Wink

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
JakeC
Criminal
Criminal

City: Austin

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got Duane's phone number at NVS? Can't find it on their website and he has not replied to my email yet.

Jake

Bruky

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvs1.net
JakeC
Criminal
Criminal

City: Austin

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phone number is not listed on their website - unless I have somehow overlooked it - which is highly possible considering my early stages of alzheimers.............sent emails to no avail.........
Bruky

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Duane, or NVSAirWarrior. Second guy to post in this thread is the owner of NVS.
logan
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Jackson, CA

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya nvs is sweet stuff

that is scary, i woke up with a boner and had to make sure ontrider wasn't standing around with a chainsaw...
NVSAirWarrior
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellowjello,
I see you are in San Jose. I often have a set at my home in San Jose and have been known to give a demo.... when not raining.
Jake, not sure I got an email from you through the website.

Both of you can try my personal email NVSAirWarrior@yahoo.com
Cyclonecj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duane, have you had any luck getting into dealerships on the East Coast? I can give you contact names at the big dealerships here in Atlanta if you are interested. They sell a lot of boats and people put a lot of bling on them, so I'd think you'd do very well here.
PortlandBrder
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Portland

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabria man,

Sorry bro but NVS are the best tower speakers on the market. there is no argument to even be had.

NVSAirWarrior
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake,
Nice talking with you today. I did get your email, sorry I didn't reply sooner.
Cyclonecj, thanks. I am working with a few new dealers in NC and SC. Georgia is just starting as well as a fellow in Tenn.
This has been another facet of the business to manage and has required much time.
I'll take this op to say THANKS to my partner Todd. He is the one that helps make this all happen. I couldn't do it without his help.
For as long as we possibly can, NVS will remain very picky with whom we associate with. Our philosophy on quality and customer service extends to the dealer level and therefore we basically interview the interested dealer before starting a relationship with them. It's a slow process.
Thanks again for the props. What a great sport!
D out
Cbrown
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Memphis

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVSAirWarrior, if you have any questions about the dealer in TN just let me know. I am probably the main reason for him inquiring about him becoming a NVS dealer. PM me for more info if you would like.

Also for ordering process what is the policy other than email? I am ready to order a pair of Entity 808s or addictions, but had a few questions about them before I finalize. I do not want to Hijack this thread but just let me know if possible.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: