Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

sliders at comps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w$r az style
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Arizona

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: sliders at comps. Reply with quote

who goes to "grass roots event" or comps that arnt for pros ya no. well how many have sliders there. im in the AWA (arizona wakeboard assoc.) and we have one. but im also in the nbwf (northern boarders wakefest) every year and there isnt one there. there should be though. any ways what about you?
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ride cable, and for our comps we have sliders, there the sliders that are already at the parks though
minimus

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly all Active Water Sports tournaments have sliders in them up here in the Northwest (Oregon & Washington). Koppert Lake has 6 different sliders up there and they actually have a Slider division in most of their tournaments. Plans to improve and replace some of those sliders are in the works right now too.
I definitely agree that to be an all-around rider, sliders are a MUST in a riders bag of tricks.
lanster

City: Oregon City, Or. Formerly Orlando, Fl.

PostPosted: Mar 22, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minimus, What about Wet Wednesdays I don't think there are any there. You guy's at active should add those to the mix. Laughing
minimus

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lanster,

We tried last year, but since the Willamette is a public waterway, we were unable to build anything permanent. We did use a Rave slider one night, but you should have seen the craziness it caused! Someone thought it was an overturned canoe on the water and called it into 911. So a firetruck shows up thinking they were going to have to rescue people and on top off that, one of the news stations caught wind of it and had a helicopter flying around for nearly an hour waiting to get some "breaking news" I'm sure. It was actually pretty funny. After all that was resolved, the current can be pretty strong out there and we had difficulty keeping the slider in place and not washing out down river, so we kind of gave up on the idea. I think we'll probably leave the sliders to Koppert where we can do them the correct way.

Hope to see everyone at our April 5th tourny in the Slider Division

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: