Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Bad Mountain Etiquite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Method9455
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on the original post - Sorry to say but it sounds like you were at fault Mr. Mutt.

I don't care what the other guy is doing - if your new you shouldn't be on a trail marked anything special - it doesn't matter if it says "Absolute introduction park with 6" long rails" - if you can't ride well you shouldn't be in it. Parks/Special terrain should be for people who have already mastered riding, sounds like you haven't so you shouldn't be tehre. Not ripping on you - but I think its a big problem that is in the sport right now, people think I'm a begginer rider, so i can handle easy terrain park! NO

You become a good rider, you can link turns always, you carve, you never fall 'just riding' - then, and only then - do you start going into hte park. I refuse to bring or teach anyone park stuff until I knwo they're ready for it - becuase they're not only a danger to themselves but to other people - thats why there is a sign there warning you
pyrocasto
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza wrote:
i think skiing sucks!!- they are so annoying!! especially in the lift lines-they stample all over your board and dig their poles here and there and on your board!! ive seen way more crazy stupid skiiers than boarders!! yeh they can go bigger and higher but who cares boarding is way more styler and we can do endless tricks on rails unlike skiiers...some might disagree with me but thats the truth for me Twisted Evil

Ohhh man...

I love people who say one thing is stupid when they've never tried it... Makes them look real smart... Rolling Eyes

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza, I'm sure I'd make you look like a damn fool on the hill.

Real skiing isn't about the park - it's about the steep and deep. The park is just a diversion for when the snow isn't up to spec. Even the best park skiers would prefer to hit a sweet backcountry kicker than some manmade obstacle.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez, amen

IMO real snowboarding isn't about the park either, just try to tell a park rat though. Oh well more freshies for me.

cezza, you are stupid. I hate people like you. That is all.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twitch88, I think Kevin Jones said something like:

"If it's a powder day, you ride pow. The park is just a distraction for when there is no fresh pow."

This is just a poor reproduction of an interview he was giving, but the context of this section was basically making fun of all the kiddies that have no clue what real skiing/boarding is all about.

cezza
Addict
Addict

City: Hamilton, New Zealand

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrocasto dude, i used to ski as a matter of fact and i switched to snowboarding and i never looked back, so i guess i am smart eh?. Idea even on a sweet pow day i still love to hit the park just as much as the backcountry...oh and twitch88 you say im stupid? its not my fault ive seen more stupid dumb ass skiiers than boarders. i love how skiiers wear darth vader boots its great!! Twisted Evil

* no i dont smoke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have one pet peeve about skiers. It's those retards who can't walk in ski boots! I got whacked in the head by some fool carrying his skis over his shoulder, this guy was all over place zig zagging, swaying, couldn't balance himself to save his life. It tried to pass hiim, but failed.

Another recipe for disaster is the fat dude w/ski boots carrying his lunch tray w/all sorts of food and drinks. if you have a tray, they seem to hone right in on you and have to dodge them..

I just don't get it. Walking in ski boots isn't that hard. The best is watcing some clown going up stairs sideways while clinching the railing for dear life.
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza your a little off base with your comments, you are basing your opinion on skiers and not the individuals wearing the skis. It's like your trying to blame a murder on the gun not the one who pulled the trigger.

FYI, snowboarders wear Darth Vader boots too (if you're referring to hard boots)

chavez says he who won how much in park contests Laughing

hardboots.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  14.73 KB
 Viewed:  15044 Time(s)

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Dutton, as a lifelong skier and part-time boarder, I have the same pet peeves.

cezza, my darth vader boots have a built in heater. Twisted Evil

cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez ild rather my feet freez than wear darth vader boots. anyway who cares, so hows the snow in the northern hemisphere?, well im off wakeboarding now...peace

* no i dont smoke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza, in the Sierra-Nevada range, it's off the hook. We are on over 10 feet of base, with yet another storm due in Monday.

Should make for full lakes this summer, so wakeboarding should go off this year as well.

Method9455
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
even on a sweet pow day i still love to hit the park just as much as the backcountry

that makes me wonder if a) you've ever seen powder and b) if your ever tried to ride park on a powder day cuz its a stupid idea - maybe the hits before its tracked but until the park is groomed is dangerous as hell - why you waste your time there is beyond me

don't even think about riding pipe on a day after powder, my hill usually opens the park late if it has to so they can groom it first - but if theres powder around i'll be riding that for sure i don't understand people who would pick park riding first, and i'm a park rat at Mountain Creek so obviously thats what i do 95% of hte time.
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

method you dumb ass im from NZ we dont get 6ft of snow or whatever over night unlike you spoilt yanks or where ever you are from (somewhere in the northern hemisphere i suppose). for me a pow day would be 10cm of new snow-if that. i love the park just as much as pow days.

chavez hope your getting your wakeboard ready for the summer-should be sweet eh!!!??? i got winter coming up in a few months so starting to get amped already, l8a

* no i dont smoke
Method9455
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahaha cezza i got a good laugh from that one

i live on the east coast of america - west coast gets about anywhere from 6-30 feet of snow a year (like 10m), we're lucky if we get 1.5m in a year - all of our snow is manmade and any snow we do get is on top of our normal base. its solid ice 90% of the times. i've only had pow days in canada, but man they're good. but if your in NZ your probably geographically closer to fresh pow than i am - at least from the pictures in transworld snowboarding. THe latest issue has a whole thing on powder riding in NZ
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh NZ has good riding but i live in the north island and theres only 2 ski feilds on 1 mount, all the pictures you see in transworld are most definitly the south island around all the big mountain ranges and its way better down there with more pow and more terrian and thats where all the top riders from around the world mostly visit. for me its more like iceboarding than snowboarding up here haha. sweet check out www.mtruapehu.co.nz and thats where i ride, peace

* no i dont smoke
Method9455
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.mountaincreek.com

don't let the pictures fool you - its ice 95% of the time, we're just getting all our snow for the winter this week aparently. actually the picture of the day one is a lie becuase they took that rail down about 2 weeks ago and put in this stupid 3 drop handrail thats just nasty
CHiLi DaWg
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Huntington, IN

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Method9455, That's a nice web site. Looks like a good place to ride, although it's above my ability level in a lot of areas.
jason2454
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: austin

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Dave W... snowboarding is much harder to learn than skiing. I know because i used to teach both. I could get almost any kid up and going on skis down intermediate runs in about a day... Takes muuuuch longer on a board.
Method9455
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its pretty good, park kicks ass and the rest of the riding is ok, i couldn't load up your mountains website last night but i'll check it out later
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountain creek looks like a sweet mountain method!!

* no i dont smoke
cwaker4
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Gilroy

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are just as many rude skiers as snowboarders, what makes a rider or skier rude is the person, not how many sticks they use to get down the mountain. why would helments give someone the confidence to bomb a hill, they only protect your head, not your whole body.
Leggester

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe, sound like the same old shite as water skier and wake boarders...

Dave W, you realize you have to pay for your own air lift out right? I mean when the injury occurs?

cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh theres always alittle friction between boaders and skiiers, should have a mountain just for snowboarders - yeyaaa. in auckland a new indoor snowpark has just been built so you can practice all ya jibbing even in the summer

* no i dont smoke
Method9455
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're building one about 10 minutes from me but it won't be open until summer 2006 ARGH
Jasmin

City: t.o/bala/london

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why cant everyone stop bitching and just appreciate how lucky they are to be able to ride/ski ... my friend was a wicked rider ... he truly loved it and was so passionate about it ... he got in a bad accident and now he cant even walk ...

just go out there and have fun ... accept the fact that theres gonna be idiots from both worlds ... just like theres gonna be days with bad conditions, and days that youre just not on top of your game, theres nothing you can do about it ... stop wasting time worrying about the other guy, enjoy it while you have it, and realize how fortunate you are just to be out on the hills
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh thats true jasmin but truth is you only bitch when it happens and it does happen. but as ya say enjoy it while u got it, i guess some think its the end of the world when dickheads ruin ya day. peace

* no i dont smoke
Jasmin

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza - i completely agree that it does happen, all the time ... and i get annoyed too, but i just don't bother stressing over it because personally i dont want to waste my time, thats all im saying
Method9455
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can he move his arms? cuz i have some comfort knowing if i ever end up in a wheelchair from this stuff i'll still be able to ride if ican move my arms - those paralyzed guys are awesome. i've seen some of them take big jumps too which is just insane
Jasmin

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya tru, i totally agree, but thats not the point im trying to make
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant control whats gona hapen to ya so theres no point worrying about, but it still crosses your mind now and again when your catchn the lift up the top haha

* no i dont smoke
pyrocasto

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza wrote:
cant control whats gona hapen to ya so theres no point worrying about, but it still crosses your mind now and again when your catchn the lift up the top haha

If for some reason Christopher Reaves decided not to get on that horse, would he still be dead today. Doubtful.

You cant control what's gonna happen to ya but jumping off a cliff with no chute doesnt help... Confused Rolling Eyes

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jasmin,

Here! Here! Mate.

Life's short, enjoy the ride...

I'm starting to look pretty hard at getting my senior citizen discount and shaving my balding head to boot!

Mr Mutt, I do agree tho, folks should know and respect the rules be he/she a skier or a boarder it still hurts to get nailed.

Wes

obsurfmonkey

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you...there are many stupid people on the Mt... but dont be dising on helmets I wear them and I am caotious!!! People are going to get in your way in life...get used to it!
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha my bandana is my helmet. yeh i really gota get helmet aye- going way bigger than last season

* no i dont smoke
gnar420
Criminal
Criminal

City: cincinnati

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was riding at Keystone one night in February when some rider approached a box w/ a set of steps on both sides slid of the box and landed on his head and went into convulsions right there in front of me. I'm not sayin your stupid if u dont where one but your stupid to dis them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: