Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Moomba question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben L

City: Houston, TX

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Moomba question Reply with quote

So after about six months of research and saving I'm getting ready to buy my first boat. I've been quoted a price from a dealer, but I'm hesitant to go through on the deal.... mostly because sometimes I think these guys would sell the skin off their own back. Is this a good deal, just about average, or worse?

This is what I'm being offered for $25,500

2002 Outback (same hull as the Mobius)
rad-a-cage
front & rear bag ballest
depth finder
stereo upgrade
stainless steel prop
3-year bow to stern limited warranty
bimini
custom cover
+ All the stuff that comes standard on the Outback LS

Also
I've only been pulled by an MC 205, SAN, And a Malibu VLX, how does the Mobius/Outback LS wake compare?

Ben
mcfatty
Addict
Addict

City: Cookeville

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good deal to me. I think the Outbacks are very cool.
What about the Wakeplate? See if he'll throw that in too.
bullzeke69
Criminal
Criminal

City: Lake Lewisville, Ceder Creek, Or anything close to Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diffentlly need the plate on there it will make a world of differance, would love to put an electronic one on mine.
Shawn Madison
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Norris, TN

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds decent to me! You will have to weight this sucker down heavily though to get a good wake. I just about bought a 02 LSV Mobius with the Hippo and the plate and the wake was just mediocre.

You will need to:
Add the wakeplate!
Add a year of insurance!
Add a trailer!
Add Wakeboarder Pro!

If the price starts climbing again-wait until the boatshows! Definitely, test drive/ride this boat before you buy!

Turk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Richie Martin
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Myrtle Beach S.C.

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a fair deal, turk is right though, they need a little weight. But doesn't every boat?

stick 2000 lbs in it and your mackin!!

fs04laoaksfny
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southbridge

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never been in a moomba but a boomerang does the outback and the new ones sit aslow as the boomerang?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JD
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Bellingham

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound's like a great price! When I looked at Moomba before I bought my X-star the local dealer was quoting 39,000 for a fully loaded LSV.
Shawn Madison
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Norris, TN

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got quoted $35 on the LSV loaded w/o tax.
tk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fs04laoaksfny
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southbridge

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boats are so expencive i heard some of the new nautiques are like 45 grand for the 216 and stuff...is it really worth it?i guess it is...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richie Martin
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a new loaded nautique will cost you a good bit more than 45,000
Ben L

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
I also for got to mention that price was with the trailer.

Turk- Is the wake plate Essential on moobas? I'm not familiar with any boats that use them.

Anyone know if the launch has a better wake than the mobius? I've been looking at a couple used.
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wakeplate is not essential, but it allows you customize wake shape. Have it up for a big wakeboard wake, or down for a flat slalom wake. It can also be used to shape the wake for wakeboarding, we use ours alot if we have someone who is new to wakeboarding, up it down a bit to make the wake more managable. If sure there are many other uses people have found....It is a great thing to have, our next boat won't be without one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
noneya
Addict
Addict

City: Roxboro, NC

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats a good deal, I have a 2001 Outback and have been really happy with it. The dealer here is great. I just got the boat last year, put 125 hours on it with no real probs.
Ben L

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With added weight will the plate create a larger wake, or will it just shape the wake at the size it's at W/O the plate? If that makes sense Cool
Richie Martin
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wake plate will shape the wake. It takes a little of the peak off of the top and makes it more of a ramp.

It decreases the size of the wake. But make draving boat on plane a lot better as it helps prevent porpoising.

billm
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: TX

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the nonV moombas are only good for enrty level or intermediate level of rider do to the wakes not being the best.The wakes are rounded and soft but overall a good boat though and sounds like a good deal but beware the wakes are not world class for wakeboarding..

Lata

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
moombaryder

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to give you some bad news, but the 02 Outback cannot be fitted with the stock wake plate. However the 03 can. I have an 01 (same as the 02) and I love it. The price was right and you'll find skiers choice to be great in the customer service department. It is true what what people say about the wake it isn't pro level....but neither are most riders. I use about 1200 lbs in ballast with 4 on the crew and I can produce a wake that is waaay fun( that is the point right?) Little soft and rampy not rounded, if anything it is a little too vertical but you get used to it ( if that starts to depress me I just look in my wallet at all the extra cash)......get it and you won't be sorry...the two options I would add if I were you would be the bow filler cushion (turns the front into a playpen, and you can stick a fat sack underneath) and the 320hp EFI...(Tthe EFI will help resale)......Good luck and have fun.

Jim
noneya
Addict
Addict

City: Roxboro, NC

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the wakeplate but you need to be careful when talking about the Outback because the Outback and the Outback LS are different boats, my 2001 Outback does not have the same hull as a 2001 Outback LS, from what I understand.
George
Addict
Addict

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wake plate is great for two things. when weighted you can change the shape and when you start porposing (Sorry i cant spell) you can stop it.

www.soddyriders.tripod.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
goose

City: Maryville, TN

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to clear some confusion about this topic. As stated before, the 2002 Outback and 2002 Outback LS are 2 totally different boats. I am assuming that Ben is referring to the 2002 Outback LS due to his comment about the front and rear ballast. The 2002 LS has a front ski locker and the 02 Outback does not, which allows the LS to have the optional front ski locker ballast bag. The hull on these 2 boats are quite different as well. The LS (which does have the same hull as the 02 mobius and the LSV) has a hull that will create a larger wake with better shape than the 02 Outback. As far as the comments about having to add a lot of weight to create a big wake that is all relative to how big a wake you want. Some people think 1000 lbs. is a lot of weight and some people think 3000 lbs. is a lot of weight. The best thing to do is try the boat out for yourself and YOU decide how you like the boat. Good luck in your boat search.
hazza_35
Criminal
Criminal

City: kerang

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Turk Kildare said u will have to add

*wakeplate
*trailer
*perfect pass wakeboard pro

and then the deal will absolutly haul ass even iff u pay more than what u are gunna ($25,000) or somthing but even iff the price goes to say $27,000 that will be fine cause a wakeplate and perfect pass will cost alot

RIDE ON BUDDY!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: