Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Carvestik

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fifeman
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Carvestik Reply with quote

does anyone own either a carveboard or carvestik, or ridden one? i really wanna get one for Christmas cause they look awesome for a cross trainer for surfing. check out www.carveboard.com
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Clarendon Hills

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive looked at those before. personally i think freebords look much more fun. It is just a preference of whether you would actually want to do big carves or carve more like on a snowboard. there is a topic on freebords and flowlab carveboards on here. check those out.
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i checked em out before i posted. i like the flowboard and i've seen the freebord and really wanted that, but i think the carvestik would benefit me the most cause when i skateboard i love carvin and stuff. plus i've ridden it once and could barely do it cause carvin on it is so much different than anything i've tried, its just like surfing like it says it is, and i can't cut good on a surfboard, so i'm sure this thing will help me out
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then all i could tell you is get one and have fun!! i saw some videos of guys riding carveboards, maybe from their site im not sure, and they looked really fun. goes were doing insane carves on there. i just think a freebord would be more fun for me because i love to snowboard.
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is, if you can't turn on a surfboard knowing how to do it on a skateboard won't help, no matter how similar the mechanics are. Concrete simply can't mimic the subtle changes of flow that occur when you're leaning into a good turn on the water. I was able to throw 180 powerslides on a Sector 9 long before I could turn on a surfboard & it didn't help me at all.

If you wanna learn to throw tail on the surfboard get in the water. The carveboard is just something to do on flat days 'cuz it feels more like surfing than a standard skateboard.
wakensurf4life
Criminal
Criminal

City: somewhere on a lake

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carveboards suck here in florida, looking forward to maybe picking up a carvestick at the expo next month if they are their again. I owned a carveboard for a while and it was just a pain in the ass to get speed, it was fun on hills, but we dont really have many down here. Carve sticks look a little more fun. As for what Jester said, totally true, if you cant turn in the water, skateboarding isnt gonna help you AT ALL! Its fun to do but dont expect for your surfing to improve. You'll most likely have fun with anything you get though.
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is a carvestick? im assuming its some kind of carving skateboard but what is it like?
Criminal
Criminal

City: somewhere on a lake

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elevation wrote:
what is a carvestick? im assuming its some kind of carving skateboard but what is it like?

http://www.carveboard.com/test/WEB2/stik.htm

should give u an idea, i think theres a video on the sight somewhere too.

Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks wakensurf4life, i saw one of those on ebay a little while ago and the simply called it a carveboard. That looks pretty cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: