Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New to skating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrincessKitty

City: College Station, Texas

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: New to skating Reply with quote

Ok - boys and girls......

I just moved off to college and I spend all summer wakeboaring and wake skating....I loved it!!

I moved into a house right by a skate park and would really like to get into skating since the boats are few and far between out here

Any advise you can give me to get started?? - I have fooled around on a skate board before but never tried anything serious.

Lemme know what you think Smile Smile Smile Smile

Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only admonition to you is that it's harder than it looks & hurts more than wakeboarding/wakeskating. But once you get the hang of it you'll start having a ton of fun with it. Plus it's good training in the off-season when you can't get in the water as much.

PS: Don't buy a Target board or anything like that. If you're gonna get into it & you're not sure about it either borrow someone's setup or buy the cheapest one from a skateshop. It'll be anywhere from $80-100 but you're guaranteed to have a pretty good setup (not like the budget scrap you get at Target).
PrincessKitty

City: College Station, Texas

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great - thanks...yeah I wanna get a decent board, I just don't know where to begin with it...

I know it's gonna hurt but it is whole thing about learning and getting good at something new Mr. Green

Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's TONS of websites out there with various trick tips & stuff. One that I really like is called Bob's Trick Tips. It's got a step by step explanation of the different tricks posted on there, frame by frame pictorial sequence rips of each, and usually a Quicktime movie of them too. Give it a look get some ideas, then have a party.

Once you get comfortable riding around on a board the natural progression is to try & learn manuals (wheelies) and ollies. Once you have the ollie down you have an open door to learn dozens of new tricks.
colt45
Criminal
Criminal

City: dallas

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not hard to learn....but learning new tricks after you learn how to ollie it starts gettin rough....lol, if i were you i would go to www.ccs.com and get an AWS (Alien Workshop) or a zero, both of the boards are tight and got some deep concave (pop)
craft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: