Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

bringing camera from a/c to hot/humid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Martin

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: bringing camera from a/c to hot/humid Reply with quote

was at some cabins this weekend and wanted to take some morning pics of the cabins, park, water, etc. So i get my camera from in the cabin, which was probably sub 70's, straight outside to plus 80's and very humid. Of course the thing fogs up. I wiped it off the best i could and it seemed like all was ok, so i went ahead and took some pics.

later when i put them on my home pc, they were foggy, so i guess there was moisture in the internals.

What is the best way to handle bringing the camera from one temp to another, especially when the humidity is so high? And, should i just keep it in open air for now, so that it can air out?

[/i]

garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of camera is it?
Seth Martin

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon coolpix 5000
garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely just keep it in the open air. Do you have a camera bag? If you do I would suggest keeping it in there when not in use as that will have a more even temperature and when bringing it outside the camera should then slowly adjust to the new temperatures. In either case - humidity can do bad things to camera's...I destoyed a camera with humidity once, but now I have a bag for my camera and it sits outside for about 10 minutes in the bag before I open it up, especially when bringing it from a cold environment.
BIGMAC
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Russellville,AR

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it in a baggy. Take it outside and let it adjust to the temperature.
Seth Martin

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tks for the tips

i do have a bag, but never thought about the difference in temp. Just took it out and walked outside.

Now i know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: