Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New set-up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: New set-up Reply with quote

im lloking into a new set-up i just broke my last pair of trucks (titan ti-lites) and figured i should get new ones. the new grind king titanium sound really good bt i was wondering if they are worth the cash. do they really last twice as long? if not id go with the ti-lites again but i thought the way they broke was kinda weird( i cracked completely through the metal covering that you grind on about halfway between the center and the right wheel and then the axle slowly bent and snapped and there are cracks on the metal casing on the rest of the metal casing in the same spot.) i was also looking for new bearings any reccomendations? im thinking reds bones.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's common for trucks to break at the hangar like that when you grind on 'em a lot. If you're looking to solve that problem then you might wanna look into Independents. Yeah they're heavy, but super durable, I'll guarantee that.

Bones Reds are my bearing of choice right now, they're absolutely worth the $15.
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reds are good bearings a lot of my friends ride them i personally like the swiss bones. as for truck i just ride regular krux and have yet to have any probs. indys are good like jester said i rode them for a long time. I personally dont like the ti lites. my friend rides ti lites and i dont like the way they grind on concrete, seemed really rough and had a tendency to hang up on chunked out sections that my kruxes grind like butter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: