Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

SEQUENCE PIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy F
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Virginia

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: SEQUENCE PIC Reply with quote

Can someone please explain to me how to merge 6 sequence pics into one pic using Photo Shop. Thanks.
BIGMAC
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Russellville,AR

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh R does this really well. I'm sure he will chime in.
WakeBoardingManiac
Addict
Addict

City: Montréal

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can explain a bit fast... If you don,t understand I can explain it with examples of ics and all that stuff...

So first off you copy all your pictures in a real big blank page (make it a bit taller than your pics and very very large)

So then you have to align the frames, you take the 2 first frames and make the others invisible, then you play with the opacity slider a bit so that you can see both pics merge over another. You align the background of each pic that way. You might have to do some rotation too. Do that for every frame.

After all your frames are aligned, it's erase time. Pick and eraser with a very soft edge (there is a hardness setting somewhere, don't rememebr the exact spot, but put it as soft as you can), and erase the transitions between the pictures with the soft eraser, and erase where the overlapping pictures go over the rider/spray/rope whatever you want to keep. As your background is alligned, it won't really look like you erased, it will blend together. One thing to be careful is not to go to close to the rider or he will get a bit of soft erasing that you won't see and he will look tranparent a bit (like the second pic in my backroll sequence HERE --> http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=29228 )

When everything looks good at 100% opacity for every frame, simply flatten the image, make curves,usm, whatever else you do, and save, Voila, it's done!

If someone feels like it's needed I could do a fuill in-depth instructional with screenshots from the technique itself. When I have the time I could do that if any1 is interested...

That was my first time making a sequence btw, I think it's pretty good Cool

Jimmy F
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Virginia

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. I will give it a try and post the results.
oldschoolripper
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Tupelo

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maniac,

I would be interested in a full scale assault on sequencing, as I am just now learning photoshop skills. A full article with icons would be DA BOMB!

Do it now!

Thanks
WakeBoardingManiac
Addict
Addict

City: Montréal

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get really bored tonight I'll do it. It's raining and al, but I have a new game I want to play.

And I don't really have other sequences to do... Maybe I could try and dig up like a indy grab or something, but that'd be quite drab. If you could come up with a sick sequence I could look at what I can do Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: