Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

capturing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freerider4
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: capturing Reply with quote

Lately after I capture something on tomy computer from the camera whenever the camera turns in the shot it is jumpy and not a smooth turn. I'm not really sure how to describe it but thats the best way I can.
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Burbank, SO-CAL

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correct, the video kind of bounces when you capture it, maybe you could post an example in the media section so we could see what you mean.
BillJ
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem. The priority is to capture the video without dropping any frames. If it's doing that then you're okay. The video may be shaky because the CPU is too busy to be able to display the video smoothly. This can be caused by lots of things - too many processes running, not enough memory, or a badly fragmented disk.

First thing I suggest is defragmenting the disk that you are capturing the video to (you may need to run the defragmenter a few times if the disk is badly fragmented). Also make sure you have plenty of free space on that disk. When you capture make sure you have as few things running as possible. Try rebooting and then capturing too. After you capture some video look at the stats and see if any frames were dropped. If not, you're fine.

With my system sometimes the preview in Premiere will be shaky but when I create an output file it's fine.
freerider4
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind fo understand that thanks. Mister C I don't even really know how to describe it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: