Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wide Angle Zoom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zach M
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Wide Angle Zoom Reply with quote

I have a Nikon D100. Since I bought the body, I've been using the lenses from my old nikon N90. I have a 50mm , 28-70mm and a 70-210mm, and a fixed 300mm lens but I don't have a wide angle. I want to get a wide angle zoom lens. It would be nice to have the versatility of a 28-300 or something like that. I haven't done much research and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I know theres a lot of photographers on these boards. I would prefer to stay with Nikon/Nikkor, but if there's another lens that you'd recommend, I'd like to know. I'm a college student so I don't have a ton of money, but I'm willing to pay more for a better lens. Used is also a possibility.
Kai
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach, i dont think your going to find a nikon lens thats a wide angle that goes 28-300. i believe there is a 24-120 with a 3.5 - 5.6. if you can find a used one, a nice wide angle is 17-35 2.8 would be good for shooting from a tube or close up shots. reason i say used is its quite a bit of money. you can always look at brands like sigma and tamron to save some money also.
BIGMAC
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Russellville,AR

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into the new Sigma 12-24 before and it was nice. I think it's around 600.
28mm after the crop factor isn't that wide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: